Anyone have one of the new Bosch DWs with the 3rd rack?

lori_inthenw_gwOctober 10, 2013

We went to look at them last weekend. Salesman showed us the difference between how the water was distributed to the third rack (a sprayer on the top of the box?) and how the Miele does it (a separate arm, I think? Anyway, it had a larger diameter and looked like it spun around). I could see the difference, but I don't recall how he explained it. Then he tried to sell us on a Blomberg, which I'd never heard of. He made it sound great, all the great features of the Miele, but less $$, but after getting home and looking into it, we were less convinced. I think we'll go back to the Bosch, but not sure if we should get one of the new models or not.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
foodonastump

I was a little surprised (disappointed?) when I realized my Bosch has a fixed sprayer up top rather than a rotating arm like my old 90's era Miele has. In practice however I've not noticed a poorer cleaning performance, and there's the advantage of not having to worry about clearance for that arm in that tight space.

Overall, I'd say my old Miele G865 would give my new Bosch SHX7ER55UC a run for the money - and beat it in some important regards - but he spray arm wouldn't be a factor.

Bookmark   October 10, 2013 at 9:36PM
lori_inthenw_gw

Those were the terms I was looking for, thanks! I'm glad to hear you seem satisfied with the performance. I am not very critical of DW performance, and I guess I don't challenge them a lot, but it just isn't going to be a splurge item for me. We are also moving to a more remote location, and I worry about repair service there, another reason not to have as much$ tied up in the thing.

Bookmark   October 10, 2013 at 10:11PM
man2moonbutnofrig

The shx68t55uc is a third rack model Bosch. Just make sure you get one with a good stainless panel if you do stainless. As to function I think it works well as long as you use rinse agent and set it on the automatic and santitize settings. It's very quiet and does a good job with very little h2o left in any of the dishes afterwards. It comes with both the third rack and an extra silverware bin in the first rack. I took the silverware bin out after a few days as I don't use it - I just use the third rack.

Bookmark   October 10, 2013 at 10:24PM
Melanie2012

The third rack is the main reason I bought the Bosch for our new build. It did not disappoint and I really like having the silverware so organized. I considered Miele, too, but I got the impression service people for this brand might be scarce in my area.

Bookmark   October 12, 2013 at 6:20PM
lori_inthenw_gw

Thanks, Melanie-- glad to know it is working well for you. I thought the silverware-sorting was odd at first, but then as someone else pointed out, you probably either organize it going in or coming out...

Bookmark   October 12, 2013 at 9:04PM
whirlpool_trainee

The sprayer "ceiling shower" works well - here's mine (no third rack). It comes on at 3:15.

Alex

Here is a link that might be useful: Bosch/Siemens Geschirrspüler - Dishwasher: Inside / Offen

Bookmark   October 13, 2013 at 9:32AM
More Discussions
Bosch benchmark speed oven review?
Just thought I'd ask if anyone has a Bosch benchmark...
crl_
Miele Oven Temperatures - Please Check Yours
So I'm back. I'm on my second Masterchef oven, after...
baver
Fisher Paykel RF201ADX4 - Anyone have this fridge??
Hi Everyone, This fridge has a pretty good price right...
LiliReno
Need advice on combining induction and gas
This is my first post. Please forgive the length or...
jdsb2
Shark Hard Surface Steam CleanerSE3306C steam not coming out of nozzle
Hi, Our Shark Hard Surface Steam Cleaner is heating...
danadevy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™