Opinions of Ikea cookware?

JessyFeldm_speakeasyJanuary 29, 2005

A search through the threads on this forum yielded no discussions of Ikea's cookware. I don't expect top quality or performance, but I am curious as to people's experiences/opinions. This could be another Costco-like discovery, or.....

Brigand seems to be the (anodized?) aluminum.

Ikea/365 is their aluminum/stainless three layer base.

Kavalkad is their non-stick.

There are others...enjoy persuing. I remember looking at the 5 qt with steamer for veggies and pasta only and being suitably impressed for $25.00 (last year). I took a set, but the lines were too long so I left it there. Regretted it ever since, but now I'm seeking forum opinions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ikea cookware main page

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Dimwit

Personally I love the 365 stuff. Never a problem and incredible bang for the buck.

Bookmark   January 29, 2005 at 4:40AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
spewey

The 365 is not fully clad, but only has a aluminum core on the bottom. But fully-clad pots and pans aren't necessary for many preparations. The IKEA stuff is lighter than more expensive stuff so you'll have to watch the heat closely, but it's decent for the price range. Of course, the nonstick is not dishwasher safe, so that would be a deal-breaker for me.

Next time you are at the store, check and see if stuff will nestle into other pieces unless you have hectacres of storage space. And examine those handles closely and imagine if they will stay cool while cooking.

Bookmark   January 29, 2005 at 1:03PM
More Discussions
Kitchen Selective food slicer
Would anyone know of source for parts for Kitchen Selective...
debby_1
Need advice on a soup pot
hi, I haven't bought cookware in years, so don't know...
ellenr22
Pasta rolling pin aka mattarello
I'm planning on purchasing a mattarello or pasta rolling...
miscel
Fermented cabbage
Many people really enjoy as me the taste of fermented...
GeorgeLiv
induction questions: heat distribution vs. pan size, moisture
I bought a single-burner induction hotplate to try...
meeotch
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™