Is my kenmore pro gas cooktop compatible with Dacor downdraft ven

linda.b.7942October 6, 2013

I'm wondering if I can use the Dacor ERV3615 (downdraft vent) with my Kenmore Pro Series cooktop.
I like that it is 15" high, so I hope it will work. I have some dead space behind the cooktop, if extra space is needed to accomodate vent. If this will not work, does anyone know of another brand of telescoping vent that is okay to use with the Kenmore? I appreciate the help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
live_wire_oak

You generally have to have a 27" deep cabinet to house a downdraft and a cooktop. If you have that, it's "compatible" per se, but you will still have to install the ductwork to the exterior. And you will be purchasing the least effective vent type that exists, and one of the most expensive.

Overhead venting is always more effective. Look at doing an overhead island vent. It won't be any less money, but it will be 10x as effective.

Bookmark   October 7, 2013 at 7:42AM
linda.b.7942

Thanks for your help. I know it's not the most effective, but overhead is not an option. Ductwork with a remote blower will work very well, as it is a short, direct run out.
I just couldn't find any info on compatibility, and of course they advise sticking with their brand. I will have to modify the back of the cabinet I guess. I do have some dead space, so it should be fine.

Bookmark   October 7, 2013 at 9:47AM
msbrandywinevalley

Don't do it!!! Compatibility aside, it's just not going to do what you expect it to do. I have a Dacor downdraft system and a Dacor gas cooktop and it's absolutely useless. It sucks the heat from the gas burners, and it's so noisy you can hardly hear yourself think. In the three years I've had it, I can count the times I've used it on one hand. I'm about to do a kitchen remodel, and I'm keeping the cooktop but ditching the downdraft. I'm still not sure if I can vent to the outside because the cooktop is in an island and I can't go straight up and out. But we're trying to figure out a way to vent up, sideways and then out. It'll require a few bends in the vent, and I have an HVAC person figuring it out for me. But I'd sooner have NO exhaust fan than re-install the Dacor downdraft.

Bookmark   October 7, 2013 at 6:09PM
More Discussions
Magnetic SS Refrigerator
My wife and I keep going back and forth on the issue...
greasetrap
Anyone have a Wolf gas cooktop? Or another cooktop you really like?
I've found a lot on Wolf range's but not any reviews...
happyallison
1200cfm oversized hood...Overkill for 30" BlueStar range?
I am getting a 30" BlueStar RNB range for my kitchen...
ILoveCookie
best supplier of Kobe hoods in Canada? (canadianappliance.ca?)
Can anyone recommend a better source for this range...
feisty68
Thermador micro drawer - is it worth it?
http://www.thermador.com/cooking/microwaves/md24js-24-inch-builtin-microdrawer Hey...
bellachaboni
Sponsored Products
Persimmon 2-Cup Mini Dutch Oven
$29.99 | zulily
RGB-pixelpro-minidome-30 RGB PixelPro LED Mini Dome Module
EnvironmentalLights.com
Jesper Office | Parsons Laptop Desk With Narrow Ladder Bookcase
YLiving.com
LED Air Tight 6" Dedicated New Construction ICAT Housing
$17.91 | Lamps Plus
Holly Chrome Five-Light Chandelier
$256.00 | Bellacor
Rigid Riser Kit, Twin Thermostatic Shower Valve, Round Head & Handset
Hudson Reed
European Style Square Shape Porcelain Ceramic 16-inch Bathroom Vessel Sink
Overstock.com
MTI MTSB-4848MT Shower Base (47.875" x 47.875")
Modern Bathroom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™