finding this front door

AnnicadeSeptember 11, 2011

i have been looking everywhere for a door that is similiar to the one in the picture that i am going to attach. Any help/input would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much :)

http://media.circlepix.com/media/tours/2009/nov/6/SG99/originals/SG99.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
    Bookmark   September 12, 2011 at 12:34PM
Annicade

thank you both so much!!! great finds. I have been looking through book from home depot and lowes. Have either of you ordered from anyone online?

Bookmark   September 12, 2011 at 6:09PM
tooskinneejs

You should be able to find that door easily in a Simpson Door catalog. And it will cost a lot less than one made by a custom door shop.

Bookmark   September 14, 2011 at 9:14PM
mydreamhome

Annicade- We got ours through our builder and it turns out the company is about an hour down the interstate from us. It came from the dsamastercrafteddoors site I posted above. I haven't ordered any doors from Lowes or anywhere else online, but I have had success with some of my smaller things--lights, faucets, etc.

Bookmark   September 14, 2011 at 11:07PM
millworkman

Go to a lumberyard not a box store. At the lumberyard they will have catalogs for Simpson, Jeldwen, Rogue Valley just to name a few and can order any of these doors for you, they should be a stock door in D. Fir and should be no more than a 7 - 10 day order time prehung in a frame. I prefer lumberyards or higher end window and door stores as opposed to box stores as the level of expertise is generally greater than at a box store(HD, Lowe's etc.).

Bookmark   September 15, 2011 at 9:16AM
Annicade

l
Thank you all for your responses. I'm feed up with the box stores. My builder is going with all jeldwen windows. I swear I picked up every catalog in h. Depot and not one door I liked. question....can I pick any door and install any kind of sidelite-transom. I just want the basic gridded sidelites and transom.

Bookmark   September 19, 2011 at 10:43PM
More Discussions
Window Trim
I found the attached picture, and like the window trim...
burbmomoftwo
acrylic type closet door suggestions needed
The master bedroom suite I'm building needs 'airy-looking'...
Bettina Hooper
We have started construction!!
We have just started construction of our new home in...
Jack Mason
Onyx brand vanity top in Winter or Terrazo?
Does anyone have photos of these? I'm not having good...
brodyt
Are these doors acceptable to you?
These are walnut interior doors. I understand that...
pumpkinhouse
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™