Advice on Master Bath Plan for New Construction Home?
We are building a new home and in the next few days, I need to finalize my floor plan. At the last minute, we decided to replace the tub with a larger walk-in tile shower. I would appreciate any comments on the current plan. The shower is nearly 8 feet long which is huge! The plan makes it look like the bathroom is too empty, but maybe that's ok.
1. The current plan is a walk-in shower with no glass. You can't see into the shower other than the opening. Should I consider a glass wall instead?
2. Are there any fixtures that I should consider having the builder install? For example, installing a secondary shower head would be very costly to do after the fact.
3. I'd like to do a heater fan or heat lamp, which works better? What's the best placement? I live in MN so on cold days, it'll be nice to have.
4. The builder can put in a normal door instead of a pocket door to the bathroom, which is better?
5. Any other changes that you recommend?
I don't have a budget and would prefer to spend nothing, but we hope to live in this home for the next 20+ yrs so we want to do things right.