WANTED: I got a present! Thank you ... _____?

gellchomJune 13, 2011

I am probably one of the last ones to send out my box -- I mailed it last Friday -- because I was out of town for two weeks, in Canada and Alaska, and then when I came home I was laid out with an incredibly persistent virus -- kept me in bed all week. And all I could think of was that I wanted to get to the store for one more item and then to the post office to send [name still a secret!] their swap box.

And all the while ...

A big brown box, which came while I was away, was waiting downstairs. I just didn't feel it was fair to open mine before I sent [still not telling] their box.

So as soon as I came back from the post office, I opened my box and found a very beautiful bamboo salad bowl and servers. They are natural colored on the "business" side but a gorgeous shade of magenta (my favorite color) on the outside. I'm out of town again and forgot to take a photo before I left, but I'll update later.

There is only one thing that kept this nice gift from being perfect:

I don't know who sent it!

There is no message inside or outside the box, which came directly from the company that makes the bamboo products (Core). There is a woman's name over the company's name on the return address, but it doesn't seem to bear any relationship that I can see to anyone on our list, so I am assuming it is the name of the person at the company.

So, to whoever it was who sent me this lovely present, thank you so much! I'd love to know who you are --

Gellchom

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jessyf

Ahhhh I see my info didn't get in the box....I asked the retailer to include a note on the packing slip. Such is the life of a drop shipper! I did some sleuthing and saw you loved magenta and you had posted about salads....with summer coming up, I hope I found the perfect items!

Bookmark   June 13, 2011 at 2:28PM
coconut_nj

Oh Jessy, that's gorgeous!! Lucky Gellchom. Now you know Gellchom who sent it. Lovely, lovely, and.... within the limits. Wow, it can be done and so beautifully. Jessy goes to head of the line for the limits prize. Smiles. Way to go.

Bookmark   June 13, 2011 at 3:27PM
ann_t

Wow, very nice. You did great Jessica. You not only stayed true to the Summer theme and the number of items, but you found the perfect gift in the perfect colour for Gellchom.

Gellchom, I hope you will post a picture when you put that beautiful salad bowl to use.

Ann

Bookmark   June 13, 2011 at 4:02PM
dedtired

Typical of Evil Jessy to send an anonymous gift. Hah.

That is absolutely gorgeous. I love and I love the color. You must be enjoying it, Gellchom. Nice work, Jessy, you evil thing.

Bookmark   June 13, 2011 at 9:08PM
riverrat1

Jessy, Jessy, Jessy! You did so good! That is a fab swap box! I love the color and the theme!
Gellcom, I can't wait to see a picture with a delicious summer salad in that beautiful bowl. Enjoy!

Bookmark   June 14, 2011 at 11:01AM
Bizzo

Wow!!!! Love the pink! Great find Jessy! Enjoy gellcom, enjoy!!! :-)

Bookmark   June 14, 2011 at 1:29PM
gellchom

JESSYF!!!!

I should have known!

First you change my life by introducing me to immersion blenders, and now this. Thank you so much!

I really do love it and I can't wait to fill it with yummy summer salads. I even have lettuces ready to pick in the garden, and with Thing One's wedding coming up and weight to be lost, I have informed Jack that we will be eating a LOT of salad suppers this summer. So this really couldn't have been a better selection.

I am up at camp in northern Wisconsin for another week (trying to eat a lot of salad), so it will have to wait, but when I get back, I will take a photo of the bowl filled with a recipe from the forum. (Someone please remind me how to post photos.) It does look just like the photos she posted. Suggestions solicited -- I will need a lot of ideas to get us to the wedding.

JessyF, how about one from you?

Bookmark   June 14, 2011 at 1:43PM
jessyf

Bwahahaaha (as she tries to maintain her evil reputation...truth be told, it was just the retailer who mailed the box but my 'note' didn't get included)

Oh yeah that immersion blender! I think I first mentioned it to you when talking about your Polynesian Peanut Soup, years ago. I love that soup!

Glad you will enjoy the set.

Sounds like we should start a thread on 'how to post photos'. I snagged those photos from the manufacturer's website since I didn't actually ever see the set.

Bookmark   June 14, 2011 at 2:07PM
gellchom

Okay, this is weird!

So for some reason I clicked on your link, Jessy (yes, that was the soup for which you told me to use the stick blender) and I noticed a recipe for "Trinity Square Cafe Moroccan Tomato Soup" -- that YOU had submitted, coincidentally. It sounded really good, so I copied it.

Then I wondered where Trinity Square Cafe is, and a quick google search told me it was in Toronto, which was the first place we were on that trip I just came home from. "Hey, I could have eaten there," I thought. "I wonder if it was anywhere near where I was?"

Oh, yeah -- as in RIGHT NEXT DOOR to our hotel. I could have dropped a button on it from my room.

Bookmark   June 14, 2011 at 7:04PM
publickman

I just now got to see the photos, and they are gorgeous! Are the salad servers bamboo on the opposite sides? I think this is a fantastic choice, given that you love magenta. I used to have some magenta in my hair, but that was 10 years ago. Congrats on a great package!

Lars

Bookmark   June 15, 2011 at 1:43AM
jessyf

That Trinity Square Cafe story is too much! Now I have to visit, LOL

Bookmark   June 15, 2011 at 2:57PM
gellchom

I know, right?

Lars, the servers are not magenta on the other side. You can see the beautiful bamboo, like inside the bowl.

I can't wait to use them!

Bookmark   June 15, 2011 at 4:14PM
wizardnm

The whole story is too funny!

Great swap gift Jessy.... I'm off to see if it comes in other colors...

Nancy

Bookmark   June 15, 2011 at 8:20PM
spacific

The bowl and utensils are beautiful Jessica! Please be my swap partner next time??? Cool story Gellchom. Good excuse for a return trip!

Ann

Bookmark   June 15, 2011 at 10:06PM
dgkritch

Oooohhhhhhhh Love the color. I can just see a crisp green salad in there.
DO post pics with food!

Well done, Jessica!

Deanna

Bookmark   June 17, 2011 at 4:02PM
mer4205

This is a beautiful set - saw one when I was shopping for my swap person and almost bought one! Love the bamboo and color combo looks great! -maria

Bookmark   June 18, 2011 at 11:31AM
loves2cook4six

Love this swap box. What a lovely color - it's going to make the salads pop.

I bought one for myself yesterday on Rue la rue. Thanks for the inspiration.

Bookmark   June 18, 2011 at 12:04PM
lindac

Gorgeous bowl!!....but I am wanting to see the magenta in Lars' hair!
Bwahaha....Jessie ya done good!

Bookmark   June 18, 2011 at 10:48PM
caliloo

Well done Jessica! That color is breathtaking - I can imagine it with a lovely green salad, chilled and crisp and ready to chase away the muggies. Enjoy Gellchom!

Brava!

Alexa

Bookmark   June 19, 2011 at 3:49PM
sheshebop

What a lovely salad set! Great swap package!
Sherry

Bookmark   June 22, 2011 at 9:24PM
More Discussions
Cookout for 150 people
I am having a cookout for my son's graduation, and...
Teffanie Hughett West
Need side dish idea and thoughts on dessert
I have been asked to bring a side dish for Easter -...
susan_in_nc
As Seen on Food Fortunes -- Can you measure flour?
Have you seen this show? Shark Tank for the comestibles...
plllog
Apologies to St. Patrick
Not even the corned beef was done the traditional way....
dcarch7
Biscuit Experts
Can I substitute greek yogurt for buttermilk in a biscuit...
cactuscatie1
Sponsored Products
Break Time Bin
$19.99 | Dot & Bo
Ogee-G Taupe Ceramic Large Baker with Metal Base
Classic Hostess
Christopher Knight Home Gentry Bonded Leather Ivory Dining Chair (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
Classic Copper Patio Torch with Medieval Wall Bracket - Antique Copper
Signature Hardware
Rainbow I Bronze One-Light Diamond Wall Sconce with Turquoise Glass
$288.00 | Bellacor
Designers Fountain 83903 Candence 3 Light Bath Bar in Chrome Finish - 83903-CH
$273.50 | Hayneedle
Pre-lit Grand Noble Artificial Christmas Tree
$899.00 | FRONTGATE
Priage 1.5-inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper with Quilted Down Alternative Cover
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for: