DVD to audio

stoveguyyOctober 9, 2013

I have an external DVD recorder. I made a DVD of a concert from a "tv" show. I want to transfer the content to a cd that I can listen too. How do I transfer the file from the DVD to my computer? I have a combo device in computer. It is a DVD player and cd burner. Do I need any special software to do this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Richard (chuggerguy)

It's been a long time since I ripped a DVD, and even longer since I ripped just the audio.

Seems like I bought something, don't remember what or why, wouldn't do it again though. "DVD Audio Extractor" maybe? Now where did I put my key? :)

Here's a VLC method: http://www.wikihow.com/Rip-DVD-Audio-to-MP3-Using-VLC-Media-Player

That would get you the mp3, you'd still need to burn as an audio CD, but that should be easy enough.

Here's something else that looks like it might work: http://dvd-mp3.org/index.html I'm not recommending it because I haven't tried it.

Here is a link that might be useful: The way I usually do things. :)

Bookmark   October 9, 2013 at 9:36PM
elks

I have never done this, but if I were, I would simply take the audio out from the DVD player into the audio in on my computer (RCA to 3.5mm mini-plug, the blue input on the back of your computer).

You will need to download a free audio app like Audacity to record the audio, Follow its instructions which are easily found in a search for recording LPs and tapes and the like.

Good luck,

Steve

Bookmark   October 11, 2013 at 6:43AM
stoveguyy

Ah, good idea. It's a Philips DVD unit. Has composite in but not hdmi in and it has a bunch of outputs. Dig audio out, hdmi out, composite a/v out and component video out. Darn copyright protection squashed the hdmi in/out function. So, I can use the composite or RCA audio out and feed the signal to computer jack audio in.

Bookmark   October 17, 2013 at 1:06PM
More Discussions
Win 8 network settings
I need to export my network settings to a flash drive...
carolssis
My computer just got infected - what to do ASAP
I clicked on a website that I was familiar with but...
debo_2006
Why won't iTunes let me sync audiobooks?
I have many audiobooks in iTunes and in my iPod. I...
caroline94535
Helping a elderly friend with their computer remotely
She is in her 90's, lives alone and needs help with...
jane__ny
Still using XP with no problems.
Just thought this might interest those who are doing...
Jane
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™