Miele DW door replacement

SimonDemlerOctober 12, 2013

Hi all,

I've been lurking in these forums for a while as I'm doing research on kitting out a new house. As it happens our DW has just failed in our old house so I need to replace this earlier than anticipated. Funds are more limited now than I expect them to be in the future so I need to make some choices.

I have an opportunity to purchase a reconditioned dishwasher direct from Miele at a great price but it is only available in white. My preference was stainless steel but unfortunately I can't afford this currently.

My question is this; the white model (G5620SC) is also available in stainless steel (G5620SC CLST) so if I buy the white model would it be possible to replace the door with a stainless steel one when funds become available or is this a crazy idea and the models are completely incompatible?

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deeageaux

The British versions of Miele may be different but here in the States only the custom panel versions can the door skin be changed affordably.

There is one veteran GW poster from Germany that knows Miele dishwashers really well. Maybe he will come in and confirm or tell you different.

Bookmark   October 13, 2013 at 4:53AM
More Discussions
ge 36 inch duel fuel monogram cannot be repaired
After ten years my GE Monogram has been rendered useless,...
Mb
What electric oven to get? speed oven, combo-steam, or regular?
If I am going to go with an all gas range, which would...
nismo99
Wolf oven error on self clean: TCO detect as open
I've had two Wolf E series for nearly 2 years (single...
repac
Anyone with a double oven range wish they had gone with wall ovens?
My DH thought we'd get a double oven range, but I like...
happyallison
Daily Luxury Convenience (Combi Steam) vs. Tried & True Dbl Oven
I asked questions about the steam oven last month....
lawjedi
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™