My Gmail Font size keeps shrinking

lynnalexandraOctober 6, 2011

I use firefox, window 7 64 bit home premium. Relatively new Dell 14R laptop.

For some reason, as I must have brushed across a key or touchpad, the font size for gmail keeps getting smaller. I can no longer read it, it's so small. All other web pages display fine. If I check firefox tools, options, the font size for all is 20 point (seems strange - but it displays fine). I don't want to enlarge everything. How can I change font size for gmail. I can't find a way within gmail.

I also wonder what I'm doing or brushing against that keeps shrinking it.

Thanks.

Lynn.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
genes

Hold the Ctrl key down while rotating the scroll wheel on your mouse..one way is larger and the other is smaller font

Bookmark   October 6, 2011 at 4:34PM
lynnalexandra

Hi, Genes. I don't have a scroll wheel or a mouse. Just a touchpad. I tried holding down the control key while running my finger in different directions over the touchpad - and also while hitting the right or left touchpad key - and also while hitting the directional arrow keys. Nothing changed.

Any other things I can try?

This also happens on google search pages. So it's a google thing. my other tabs - sites - are fine. Unfortunately that means that when I click on help from gmail - I get these teeny unreadable pages.

Thanks.
Lynn.

Bookmark   October 6, 2011 at 5:03PM
bob414

Hold down the ctrl key and tap the +.

Bookmark   October 6, 2011 at 6:26PM
not2bright

Hi, Lynn

Just to clarify: are you saying that the "minimum font size" is set to display nothing less than 20 pt but that GMail is still showing the smaller size ? (Options > Content > Fonts and Colors > Advanced > Minimum Font Size)

Bookmark   October 6, 2011 at 6:46PM
lynnalexandra

Bob - thanks. That did it - control +. Whew!

not2bright - I did go to that tab- actually one setting for font size was 20 - but minimum was actually 13 - which still should have been plenty big enough.

fortunatley control+ fixed it. I'm still curious as to what caused the shrinking in the first place.

Thanks.
Lynn.

Bookmark   October 7, 2011 at 1:31PM
More Discussions
Adobe flash player and pdf reader installation on Win8
I have a new Win 8 touch screen laptop. I've been using...
hald
how do I bypass my login?
I recently took my HP laptop to Data Doctors and it...
cornsnake_lover
System Restore on new windows 7 need password?
I just bought an Acer windows 7 tower and when I wanted...
urlee
Change color of blinking cursor
When I am editing something I have just written and...
mudlady_gw
Basic Video Help Needed
I know almost nothing about getting videos from video...
chas045
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™