Need advice on my new backsplash!

AdorabeleDecember 17, 2013

So I just had New Azul Aran granite installed in my bathrooms and the installer made a suggestion that we go with "Pearl Grey" bamboo glass backsplash.

Well, it's in, and I'm absolutely NOT liking it! Is it as bad as I think? I feel like the different patterns clash....

Should I just learn to love this or plan on replacing it? I won't get my money back on this if I do decide to replace it which is super unfortunate :(

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lisadlu

I love your granite and the backsplash tile. You should live with it for a few months before deciding if you might redo it. I think I could live with this combination happily forever. :)

Bookmark   December 17, 2013 at 10:43PM
clk4suport

Hi there,

i agree with you.
its looks odd.
you have to do somthing.

Thank You.

Bookmark   December 18, 2013 at 5:47AM
Linelle

I would not be happy with it either. And with the mirror, it's doubling the effect. Your granite is beautiful and needs to be the star. I would pull a lighter shade from your granite and do a simple ceramic tile. Is there tile under your mirror? Can you raise the mirror so that the tile underneath is the same height as along the side wall?

Bookmark   December 18, 2013 at 12:28PM
raehelen

Adorabele,

Love your granite! And not just because it's the same/almost the same as mine! (My fabricator is calling it Aran Cream). Does yours have sparkly pieces in it?

I think am going with a mosaic marble backsplash. It picks up one of the predominant colours and echos the angled pattern of the granite rather than fighting with it, as the linear glass seems to.

This pic shows it with my original marble which I changed to the Aran Cream granite.

There are lots of mosaic tiles out there, if you prefer a different colour/texture. I brought one home that had a lighter mosaic in the middle and a dark stripe across the top and bottom and it looked amazing with the granite. ONly problem it was only ~ 4" high and I want a taller backsplash.

Bookmark   December 18, 2013 at 4:02PM
Adorabele

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

I shouldn't have ignored my gut feeling and went with a different backsplash...ugh! My husband said it looked just fine to him and I never was design savvy. At least the granite was a wise choice.

Raehelen - yes, my granite does have sparkles in it. Love it! And those are some wonderful backsplash choices. I wish I had visited this board beforehand, haha.

Anyways, I can't afford to rip/replace it all out now so I'll have to suffer with it for the time being. Live and learn I suppose! One day I will have the bathroom I dream of :)

This post was edited by Adorabele on Wed, Dec 18, 13 at 16:43

Bookmark   December 18, 2013 at 4:42PM
More Discussions
Finishing touches – Towel Ring location, need opinions
Hello. My bathroom is starting to come together and...
mrsshayne
Shower door for neo-angle
If you have a neo-angle shower where the tiled walls...
cataan
Need advice on best mirror/sconce option in small master bath
My husband and I are FINALLY renovating our master...
cbusgirl41
shower pan worries. Is any of his method correct?
Unsure about my plumber's method. Could I get some...
mmaggied
Anyone installed a Geberit in wall tank?
DH is getting ready to do the install in a 2 x 4 wall,...
numbersjunkie
Sponsored Products
Set of Four Personalized Gray Coasters
$39.50 | FRONTGATE
Lennox Copper One-Light Dome Pendant
$384.00 | Bellacor
Versailles Forged Brass Knob with Backplate
Signature Hardware
nuLOOM Hand-woven Alexa Flokati Natural Wool Shag Runner (2'6 x 8')
Overstock.com
Bamboo Wrap Giclee Glow Bronze Balance Arm Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
New Antiqued Persian 8' Round Heriz Serapi Red/Black Hand Knotted Wool Rug H3256
BH Sun Inc
Prairie Ceiling Fan by Period Arts Fan Company
$384.00 | Lumens
15743BKT Textured Black 8.5 Watts Wide Kichler LED Landscape Light
EnvironmentalLights.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™