Anyone used a tiny wall mount sink in a master bath?

crl_December 6, 2012

I am still thinking through possible layouts for a very small master bath. One possibility would allow for two, very small, wall mount sinks. Anyone used a very small wall mount sink in a master bath? How did it work out?

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Example of very small wall hung sink

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phiwwy

I have just installed a tiny sink in my master bath, and the faucet was installed too close and it's really a problem. Try using a tiny sink and then if you like it, make sure you get a faucet that does not encroach on the space like mine has. We are about to buy 2 new faucet spouts and it's not inexpensive. Good luck!

Bookmark   December 7, 2012 at 7:35AM
crl_

Thanks! I saw that thread and it was definitely helpful in thinking about faucets.

Bookmark   December 7, 2012 at 9:46AM
igloochic

I have one in one of our master bathrooms and must say...I freaking hate it! Where do you put your toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, etc? IMO those might be ok for a little used powder room, but in a master they are worthless.

Because we hate the little sink so much I actually use my husband's bathroom more than mine. Mine has been reduced to a late night pee spot :p and nothing more.

And my tiny sink is actually larger than the one pictured...so I have to admit, that picture made me shudder....it could be worse? Yikes, don't do it!!!!

Bookmark   December 9, 2012 at 12:31PM
crl_

We actually have a wall hung sink now in our rental. We have adapted to not having counter space and I am thinking about having tiled niches put in above the sinks as well as recessed medicine cabinets. It's definitely not ideal. But this bathroom will be 6 1/2 by 8 1/2 feet (and that's after annexing a closet) with two doors (long story) and a window. So ideal isn't happening. Lol.

But, the wall mount sink we have right now is substantially bigger, at least from front to back. So that part has me worried. I just don't know in what ways that might be problematic for a master bath. . . .

Thank you for the feedback!

Bookmark   December 9, 2012 at 1:30PM
More Discussions
Family of 5 - only 1 1/2 bathrooms. What would you do?
We are an active family of 5 and our bathroom situtation...
rebeccamomof123
Tile sizes and colors...help!
My husband and I are about to tear our hair out. We've...
alidanae
Did anyone buy a Venetian dual system tub from Costco?
I just came across this tub, looks good on paper. It...
abekker
Replacement parts for Restoration Hardware Pivot Mirror
Hi All, I have a 24x30 rectangular pivot restoration...
isb182
Need bathroom sink/mirror/sconce advice asap!!
Hello everyone, we are in a total pickle over what...
Jenn Cassie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™