Kohler Saile vs Toto Aquia Toilet

PhainopeplaDecember 19, 2012

Does anyone have experience with the Kohler Saile Toilet. I chose it based solely on its looks, but my contractor is trying to persuade me to choose the Toto Aquia instead. Is the Kohler Saile as bad as my contractor says (clogs, skid marks etc)?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jw34

I don't know anything about the Saile but I am disappointed in my recently installed Aquia. As others on GW warned, it requires frequent cleaning due to 'skid marks'. I like the compact size and modern, skirted appearance but if I were doing it again I'd try the Vespin. (My understanding is the Vespin is a skirted version of the Drake which apparently does not suffer from this issue that plagues the Aquia.)

Wish I'd listened to the GW wisdom!

Bookmark   December 20, 2012 at 11:31AM
dibgar

We were advised to avoid the Aquia because it has a small water spot which makes it more difficult to keep clean. We are in the process of remodeling 3 bathrooms. Two will have the Toto Drake II which has a "dual cyclone" flush system (hope it is as good as it looks in the promotional video). We will get the skirted version (Toto Vespin II) for the third bathroom.

Bookmark   December 20, 2012 at 1:27PM
kmcg

I am a big fan of Toto products, but I was not happy with the Aquia we had installed for a few months. I didn't like the small water spot, and I had trouble knowing when the flush activator button had reached the right point. I swapped it out for an Inax Cedar, which is single flush but only 1.28 gallons. Love it!

There are many great Toto models; I had a Drake before and never had any issues with it.

Bookmark   December 20, 2012 at 1:59PM
herring_maven

kmcg: "I am a big fan of Toto products, but I was not happy with the Aquia we had installed for a few months. I didn't like the small water spot, and I had trouble knowing when the flush activator button had reached the right point. I swapped it out for an Inax Cedar, which is single flush but only 1.28 gallons. Love it!"

Inax makes a dual-flush version of the Cedar, I am pretty sure. The Inax "Rio Grande" is a dual flush, but I am not familiar with the styling of the Cedar; is it similar to the Rio Grande?

Bookmark   December 20, 2012 at 7:00PM
kmcg

The Cedar has a more oval tank but otherwise looks pretty similar. Here's a link:

Here is a link that might be useful: Inax Cedar

Bookmark   December 20, 2012 at 11:48PM
More Discussions
Toilet seat height
The other thread here asking about whats new in bathroom...
numbersjunkie
Do offset sinks make you crazy?
in our new house build, I am thinking of doing an offset...
zorroslw1
What do you think about tiling the ceiling of the shower?
This dovetails with previous posts where I've discussed...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Quality manufacturer of bathroom fixtures?
We would like to purchase the best quality for a low...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Another shower size questions
I am converting an alcove tub (60x30) to a shower....
cataan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™