Would these grout lines bother you?

threeapplesDecember 5, 2012

Tile guy has been doing great so far and said he only does 1/16" grout lines, but our master shower has many lines, the majority actually, are 1/4" and it doesn't look good at all. I know nothing can be done now, but I'm disappointed and wondering if this would bother all of you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
islanddevil

Don't know,too close up to judge the size. Can you back up and take a picture of the shower so we can see the scale? Thanks

Bookmark   December 5, 2012 at 10:45PM
mydreamhome

I'm guessing you're referring to the vertical grout lines being a different width than the horizontal ones? From the pic above, no I don't think it would, but a picture from a little further away + a shot that includes more of the tile to give us a judge of the scale would be very helpful. As such, I will refrain from giving my final answer until then.

Bookmark   December 5, 2012 at 11:51PM
KevinMP

Are the tiles beveled, or straight edge? My tile guy basically had the tiles close enough just to not be touching each other, but the grout lines are still 1/16" because of the bevel. If he had spaced them 1/16" before hand, the lines would have been huge because of the bevel. I think it may just look big to you, but it's not.

My backsplash tiles were straight edge, and spaced 1/16". The grout lines are the same really.

Bookmark   December 6, 2012 at 8:40AM
drewem

Look at HCloudy's recent post about their grout troubles. Now there is an example of a bad grout job.

Yours looks just fine, and you are lucky you don't have a job that looks like theirs.

Bookmark   December 6, 2012 at 8:53AM
kmcg

Your lines are straight and even, which is better than what I ended up with in the shower corners! So yep, I think I would be fine with what you've got.

Bookmark   December 6, 2012 at 1:13PM
greg_2010

I see absolutely nothing wrong with that picture. What do you see as the problem? Are some of them slightly different widths?

Bookmark   December 6, 2012 at 3:15PM
snookums2

They don't look as big as 1/4" from here. They do look clean and neat.

Bookmark   December 7, 2012 at 10:45PM
More Discussions
Which latricrete products for full shower build?
I'm a bit confused about all the various Latricrete...
cataan
wall mounted sink with hidden pipes?
Hi all, Would like a small-ish wall mounted sink, but...
randyelipson
Shower glass strong enough to hold towel?
We will be getting semi-frameless glass shower walls....
risforremodel
Microsilk vs. Air Tub (Jason) OR Bain Ultra
Apologies for the additional thread. I realize there...
divotdiva
Opinions on Water Creation Vanities??
I am strongly considering the Water Creation 72"...
likewhatyoudo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™