microsoft word

laurenjayOctober 1, 2012

I have a laptop (vista) with Microsoft 2003. I recently purchased a new laptop (windows 7)that has Microsoft 2010. I hate the new Word program. Can I use my disc for 2003 and install it in my new computer?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bob414

Some MS Office Home and Student versions allow you to install them on more than one computer. Others do not. If you have a version that has already been installed on the allowed number of computers you cannot install it on another. Word 2010 isn't that different from 2007. You should get used to it pretty soon. I use both on different computers along with word 97 on another with no problem. Any particular feature of word 2010 you don't like?

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 12:54PM
laurenjay

I have Microsoft 2003 and I find it very different. I can't even find spell check.

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 1:17PM
bob414

I don't know why I read your message to say you had Word 2007. I forget a lot of things nowadays but usually read more carefully than that. In word 2010 if you click the review tab the option to check spelling and grammar is at the left hand side of the ribbon. Is this what you're looking for?

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 1:41PM
emma

What is it you hate about it. I was so used to MS Works I hated Word. The auto corrections was what I disliked the most but found a way to stop it and change other things that I didn't like.

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 2:35PM
lbpod

I'm guessin that your new computer has a 'trial version'
of the program you dislike. It will stop working after
90 days.

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 4:04PM
anne_ct

The direct answer to your question is "yes". Word 2003 is 32 bit whereas Word 2010 is 64 bit but Word 2003 is compatible on the 64 bit system.

Anne

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 4:29PM
urlee

Can I use my disc for 2003 and install it in my new computer?
Yes! I am using Word 2002 on my xp desktop which came with it and I installed it on my Win7 64 bit laptop with no problem.
I just purchased an Acer netbook, bought an external USB DVD drive to install Word also on that with no problem. It came with a free word starter for me to use but it had ads on the right side taking up space so I deleted it off and am now using MS Word.

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 4:34PM
bob414

Somewhere along the line Microsoft started requiring that MS Office be activated. I have never had MS Office 2003 so I do not know if it requires activation or not. If it does and has already been activated on the number of computers it is licensed for it will run for a limited time - I think 30 days - without activation. If the version on your new computer is a trial version then it will only run for a limited time.

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 7:10PM
coralred

Microsoft Office 2010 has both 32bit and 64bit versions. Microsoft recommended that you install 32bit version even though you may have 64bit OS.

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 7:33PM
More Discussions
Win 8 network settings
I need to export my network settings to a flash drive...
carolssis
My computer just got infected - what to do ASAP
I clicked on a website that I was familiar with but...
debo_2006
What's with this new Houzz thing?
Been away a couple days, and came back to this, what...
shaddy101
Google Stylish add-on help
I have Google Stylish add-on but don't know how to...
Cricketm
Hmmmm...can't "scroll" thru sites anymore on laptop?!?!!?
WTH?!?! My Del Inspiron laptop has decided that it...
Faron79
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™