Kohler junk

capecodderDecember 15, 2011

We did a new bathroom about 3 years ago, Kohler tub, medicine cabinets, sinks, etc. The medicine cabinets, Archer style as I recall, have mirrored sides. I called Kohler a few months ago about the mirrors on the side slipping off, they are held on with 2 sided tape! They sent me new mirrors and new tape.

Yesterday I was downstairs and heard a huge crash. Ran upstairs...mirrored glass everywhere. The side mirror had fallen off, crashed to the granite counter (fortunately, no damage there) and then to the floor. There were pieces of glass everywhere...even outside of the bathroom. To say I am disgusted with this product is putting it mildly. I doubt that Kohler will make good on this shabby product.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lukkiirish

Wow, unbelievable. If they don't make it right (and even if they do) attaching a mirror with tape is just plain wrong. I would post a warning about their poor workmanship on EVERY site I could, if for no other reason than to protect the next person who is thinking on buying it.

Bookmark   December 16, 2011 at 7:41AM
1929Spanish

I have the Bancroft cabinet, but it's inset. I'm curious why you didn't originally attach the mirrors with a different adhesive. Granted, the tape is cheesy.

I have the mirrors from my Bancroft, if you want them. I think the cabinet is the same. Pay for shipping and they're yours. I'm in California.

Bookmark   December 16, 2011 at 11:37AM
jillalameda

Wow, that sounds like something that Consumer Reports would be interested in hearing about. Major safety hazard!

Bookmark   December 17, 2011 at 9:59PM
just_julie

I hate the finish on my Kohler Archer faucets, they always look dirty!

I hate climbing under a sink to change a faucet even more so for now, we deal with them.

Bookmark   December 19, 2011 at 9:45AM
More Discussions
Stop Frameless Shower from Slamming Shut?
Just completed a renovation of our master suite and...
ntrainer
Vanities on opposite walls -- how much width?
Hey all. We are trying to design a long and narrow...
jenmendel23
Finished Conestoga cabs bathroom
This wasn't our usual full DIY, we paid for the tile...
justterrilynn
Ammara Designs Faucets
I've gotten so much information from these forums....
janelor
Tile sizes and colors...help!
My husband and I are about to tear our hair out. We've...
alidanae
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™