transfering addresses from server mail box to Windows Mail

salbwilOctober 18, 2011

Is there an easy way to move my address book from my server mail to Windows mail ? Every time I want to email a link to something I'm looking at, Windows mail pops up as the way to mail it. This is fine, however, most of my addresses are in my server mail book and trying to transfer them has so far been difficult , if not impossible.....don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks, salbwil

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zep516

To import an address book from another email client:

Start Windows Mail.

Go to File -> Import -> Windows Contacts...

More at link below

Here is a link that might be useful: Windows Contacts

Bookmark   October 19, 2011 at 1:36PM
salbwil

I guess I should have said, Windows Live Mail; is it a different program ? Anyway, there is no "file" area that I can find. It is a very busy address type bar at the top of the program and very confusing. I think I may have done it, but in the mean time, I lost all of the mail in my in box on my server. ..........very frustrating. Windows Live mail does NOT want one to navigate away from their program and makes it very difficult to not make them the default mail program.
salbwil

Bookmark   October 21, 2011 at 10:18AM
zep516

Now that we know the mail client, I'm hoping someone will clear this up for you. E-Mail is not my area.

Bookmark   October 21, 2011 at 10:23AM
grandms

I use Windows Live Mail but don't think I can help you. I imported my address book from my Outlook Express mail on my old computer. In fact, I do not even have an address book in my gmail, which is my mail server. What is your server mail? There might be instructions there for moving your address book to Windows Live Mail. I know there are instructions for having your e-mails download to WLM, which is what I do. I dislike having to go to gmail via my browser to get my mail.

Bookmark   October 21, 2011 at 2:59PM
salbwil

Server mail is just Comcast.net I have no problems with just using that, but thought I might like the features in WLM....wrong. It's just too confusing.
salbwil

Bookmark   October 21, 2011 at 4:42PM
More Discussions
Lenovo's "malware" not just Lenovo's.
It's been found in a dozen or so apps, some pre-installed,...
lazy_gardens
OK, turned my back, and the kids are playing with
backgrounds, and making the viewing easier on the eyes....
shaddy101
Recommendations for free backup software
I used to have Retrospect Express as my backup software...
secsteve
need help again regarding free office program
I asked for help in this area recently and never was...
Lea Grabb
Adobe flash player and pdf reader installation on Win8
I have a new Win 8 touch screen laptop. I've been using...
hald
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™