Shower curtain rod - curved or straight ?

oshnwavzDecember 19, 2012

I always thought that if I replaced mine, I would want a curved one, because i like the way it looks. With my remodel however, I am turning my shower/tub into a shower only. I understand that curved would provide a little more room with a shower/tub combo. But with a shower only - this is suddenly seeming like not a good idea. With just the shower curb, don't i need the curtain to hang straight in order to keep the drips onto the shower floor only, and not the rest of the bathroom floor ?

Or ... would you place the curved curtain so that the ends are placed further inside the shower ? Hmm.. maybe that defeats the purpose. HELP - I am confused ! !

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hendricus

Curved. We put a curved rod on a standard 5' tub and eliminated all the overspray. The ends go in the tub further than a straight rod but the middle is further out. You have more room where you stand and less where you don't stand.

Bookmark   December 20, 2012 at 7:28AM
kas4

I think hendricus missed the fact that you are installing a shower only. If you are replacing your tub/shower with a shower that only has a curb, you shouldn't use a curved rod. If you do, the outer edge of the shower curtain will hang straight down outside the shower curb and water will go on the floor. If you move the curved shower rod inward to prevent this from happening, the ends of the curtain will be further into the shower than with a straight rod and you won't gain any space.

Bookmark   December 20, 2012 at 11:04AM
oshnwavz

Thanks kas - yes that is my concern exactly. Although I think I would prefer the look of the curved rod, I think with SHOWER ONLY (NO TUB) that I will be watering the floor alot if I go with the curved.

Bookmark   December 20, 2012 at 12:35PM
kmcg

I agree with kas.

Bookmark   December 20, 2012 at 2:01PM
More Discussions
Thinking about the new Bain Geysair Oval Plus. Opinions/Exp?
Hi, I think this really is the time we are actually...
raehelen
Tile install question
I've been posting a lot about our upcoming master bath...
numbersjunkie
Finished Conestoga cabs bathroom
This wasn't our usual full DIY, we paid for the tile...
justterrilynn
Ikea Lillangen - can it be used as vessel sink?
Hi, We are redo-ing our children's bathroom & purchased...
homeinprogressFL
Family of 5 - only 1 1/2 bathrooms. What would you do?
We are an active family of 5 and our bathroom situtation...
rebeccamomof123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™