Guest Bath Finished (pics)

gam51December 26, 2012

Well after 25 years of living with a peach tub, I finally convinced DH to let me get it reglazed. It had to stay since he thought a cast iron tub was way too heavy to take out, and my daughter thinks it is the world's best tub for soaking since it is extra long. The toilet and sink had been replaced long ago so now everything is white. The update included a flea market dresser that DH reinforced since it wasn't near strong enough to hold the marble top I got at a scrap yard. He also reworked the drawers so they now slide nicely. I had the old mirrors cut down a bit and then glued on mosaic tile (Lunar Melange) and grouted. I used the same tile for back splash and and back of shelves on the toilet. The towel rack was made by taking parts of the hutch that came with the dresser. The floor is a porcelain marble look alike. As usual I forgot to take before pics but the oak vanity, peach formica counter and carpeted floor are gone! Just in time, too, as my company arrives today. It's not a major $ remodel but it works. If you think anything looks familiar to something you did, I probably "stole" your idea....thanks to everyone for posting. Love Garden Web (just wish I could remember each time how to post pics).

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joshuasamah

What a beautiful bathroom! You did a terrific job and I love the gray and yellow.

Bookmark   December 26, 2012 at 7:26PM
kmcg

There are so many clever ideas in your new bath! I love the way you used the mosaic tile to tie everything together, and the flea market dresser is really successful. Is that Thomas Paul fabric in the shower curtain? It's one of my favorite patterns, and really finishes the whole look very nicely. Great job!

Bookmark   December 26, 2012 at 7:34PM
williamsem

Lovely! It has a nice finished, coordinated look. Doesn't matter how much you spent, or didn't spend, it looks great! Hope you and your guests enjoy it!

Bookmark   December 26, 2012 at 8:08PM
cat_mom

Looks great!!!

Bookmark   December 26, 2012 at 11:57PM
treasuretheday

What a charming room! Repeating the mosaic really ties it all together. I love the hooks on the yellow shelf. Enjoy!

Bookmark   December 27, 2012 at 12:15AM
jules8

I love your bath. Can you answer a few questions?
What did you use as your vanity top?
What is the name of the floor tile?
Did you tile around the tub also and if so, can you give us a photo of it?

Thanks for all the photos...I may "steal" a few of your ideas.

Bookmark   December 27, 2012 at 8:42AM
razamatazzy

Very pretty. I like the shape of the vanity top. And the crystal knobs go so well. Looks like you have a nice size linen cabinet in there as well?

Bookmark   December 27, 2012 at 11:05AM
sofla

I, too, have just gutted my master br of the peach cultured marble vanities on pickled oak and the large soaker tub. Loved the tub but not the peach. When I'm finish will post pics. I love how big and clean your bath looks. The mosaics are gorgeous.

Bookmark   December 27, 2012 at 5:53PM
westleyandbuttercup

Wonderful job!

Bookmark   December 27, 2012 at 6:35PM
edie3

beautiful! Love the colors!

Bookmark   December 30, 2012 at 2:10PM
gmp3

Wow - I love the repurposed items. You did a great job!

Bookmark   December 30, 2012 at 9:44PM
Pipdog

Great mix of modern, rustic and charming. Well done!

Bookmark   December 31, 2012 at 1:30AM
Debbi Branka

Gorgeous! I love the dresser you converted! And then how you made the shelf and it all goes together. The tile tying everything in is beautiful! I wish I could see an arial shot to get the size and layout of the bathroom. Fabulous work!

Bookmark   January 3, 2013 at 9:45AM
michoumonster

that is lovely! i love grey and yellow together.

Bookmark   January 3, 2013 at 2:09PM
mabeldingeldine_gw

Love it, especially with the repurposed vanity and gorgeous top! Funny, I'm renovating my bath right now and have a gray and yellow color scheme but with a different feel. So cool to see how all these colors can be used together. I'd love to know what you selected for the wall paint color.

Bookmark   January 3, 2013 at 2:47PM
gam51

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.
KMCG yes it is a Paul Thomas fabric. Good eye.
JULES8 The vanity top is carrera marble I found the scrap at a granite dealer. The floor is Navelli Star by Dal Tile. It is a porcelain that mimics carrera. We didn't tile the tub. It had a tub surround that DH thought looked good still so I gave in on that one!

The room is an odd shape and the vanity sits at the angle of 2 walls creating the different shape of the countertop. I actually like how it gives more counter space.

Thanks again for the comments. The room just survived the first set of guests and it all worked great!

Bookmark   January 3, 2013 at 9:35PM
gam51

mabeldingeldine: The paint color is Barren Plain by Benjamin Moore.

Bookmark   January 4, 2013 at 4:23PM
More Discussions
Another shower size questions
I am converting an alcove tub (60x30) to a shower....
cataan
Do offset sinks make you crazy?
in our new house build, I am thinking of doing an offset...
zorroslw1
Wood Beadboard on the walls outside the shower?
I was reading an article on saving money on tile, by...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Textured tile on the floor of shower for safety?
I read this suggestion somewhere, has anyone used this...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Need advice. Subway tile on uneven kneewall
So I was kinda pissed off when I walked into my bathroom...
Michael Coates
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™