Length ceiling shower arm

cbruno7December 20, 2013

I am having a rainshower installed and have the option of using a 6 inch or 12 inch ceiling shower arm. The ceiling height is 8 feet. My wife and I are both under 6 feet tall. Any thoughts on which would be a better choice?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mongoct

Mine is about 12" above my head. No worries. I've never hit it with my hands when showering. My wife is over a foot shorter than me, she's 5'1" versus my 6'4".

Ours is a 12" diameter head on a swivel fitting, so it can be tilted. If yours can be adjusted, consider having it at a height where one of you can reach it.

Bookmark   December 20, 2013 at 8:56PM
badgergal

Our rainshower extends from the wall not the ceiling and the bottom of our rainshower head is 85" from the floor of shower. My DH is 6'2" and I am 5'5" this height works well for both of us.
With an eight foot ceiling either shower arm length would probably work but I think I would go with the 12" one. Don't forget to include the depth of the shower head itself in your calculations.
I did read that if the rainshower head is installed too high it creates a pelting effect which is clearly not the desired effect.

Not the best picture but here is how ours looks.

Bookmark   December 20, 2013 at 9:23PM
cbruno7

Thank you for the responses mongoct and badgergirl, very helpful. I'm going with the 12 inch arm.

Bookmark   December 21, 2013 at 4:57AM
cbruno7

Thank you for the responses mongoct and badgergirl, very helpful. I'm going with the 12 inch arm.

Bookmark   December 21, 2013 at 4:58AM
More Discussions
Ammara Designs Faucets
I've gotten so much information from these forums....
janelor
Showers 101
I'm hoping there is someone who can direct me to a...
jpbenstock
Can you offer links to online Tile Retailers?
Just wanted to get a start at looking at tile. Anyone...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Need bathroom sink/mirror/sconce advice asap!!
Hello everyone, we are in a total pickle over what...
Jenn Cassie
Quality manufacturer of bathroom fixtures?
We would like to purchase the best quality for a low...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™