I've been following this site for several months as we embark on building our house. Loads of good insight and help.
We've just gotten our first 3D renderings. Some things we like quite a bit, others we are still trying to figure out some better options. All feedback is welcome even harsh criticism as I think you need to hear everything to make the best decisions.
We do like the underlying floor plan and have spent more time working on it. It has been in unison, but more focus until this point.
Some salient points that might help the feedback be more targeted:
- Directional orientation is that the back of the house with the deck (and one side of the screen porch) is primarily east and the side with the garage is primarily south
- We have some fairly strict lot coverage limits on impervious surfaces and are at those limits. That prevented us from having a detached garage with a courtyard between house and garage. We can't expand the footprint more than about another 50 sq ft including decks, sidewalks, etc.
- The lot is approx 80 feet by 225 feet on a corner
- Location is in Atlanta (Decatur for those who know the area)
- The house is five bedrooms and four bathrooms with 4/3 upstairs as private family space.
- Family of five with a five year old and two year old twins. No future family additions planned.
- It will have an unfinished basement that the plans don't show the windows for as of yet.
Thanks in advance for the feedback.