Nanawall or Lacantina doors..which one?

stovetopSeptember 26, 2012

Hello,

We are in the process of adding an addition on our house and will be installing a bi-fold door. I am trying to make up my mind as to which manufacture to use...Nanawall or Lacantina doors. there is a $2000 price difference between the 2 manufacturers, Nanawall being the more expensive. (Marvin came in the highest by an additional 2k over the nanawall...highway robbery?) Anyways, anyone have experience with the doors and/or a preference as to which one would be better?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
millworkman

Marvin in my opinion is better than Nanawall. Nanawall is a good product and Lacantinia not familiar with at all. Knowing how much they cost 2k would in my opinion be worth the extra money.

Bookmark   September 27, 2012 at 9:49AM
stovetop

Re millworkman,

Actually my contractor when talking with our local marvin showroom was told that their bifolds leak, leak, leak. So for the price they are charging I would expect better. I would agree that their windows are superior product as we live on the ocean and get some wicked storms where the rain comes at us sideways.

Bookmark   September 28, 2012 at 9:06AM
stovetop

I am glad to hear more good about the Lacantina Door. They did come in the cheapest but I was leaning toward the Nanawall because they provided so much more information. ie cad drawings, specs etc, whereas LaCantina only provided a quote and when I talked to their rep he was monosyllabic in his answers. Not very inspiring when we live on the opposite coast and looking at an unforeseeable problems with the install etc...

Bookmark   September 28, 2012 at 9:12AM
stovetop

Re: Benjamin123

Was wondering if you could provide more detail on why you prefer Lacantina over nanawall? I am trying to make an educated decision and any other information would be appreciated about working with Nanawall over Lacantina.

Thanks!

Bookmark   September 28, 2012 at 5:32PM
Floppy

i think we got our nanawall from jeld wen & it was way cheaper than marvin

Bookmark   September 28, 2012 at 6:12PM
Floppy

sorry it wasn't jeld wen...i'll find out & write back

Bookmark   September 28, 2012 at 6:18PM
dodocha

Hi, I'm from an architecture firm in Los Angeles and we're using Nanawalls in a series of our residential projects . Something I would keep in mind when making your decision is the life-cycle cost of the system you are purchasing. Even if the the nanawall is slightly more expensive, you'll be getting something that is proven to last and that you won't have to spend alot of money to fix or replace for years. Well, that's my two cent. Good luck!

This post was edited by dodocha on Fri, Nov 14, 14 at 11:35

Bookmark   November 14, 2014 at 11:34AM
daviddj

We looked at both brands. We ended up going up with Solar Innovations instead. They were significantly less expensive. We have 2, a 12 foot and 9 foot door. The quotes were 4k less then the LaCantina and over 7K less then the quote we got for Nanawall. From what we and our builder could tell they quality was indistinguishable. We've only had ours for 6 months no problems so far.

Bookmark   November 14, 2014 at 5:19PM
kayakboy

We ended up doing multislides after investigating folding doors.

Like David said above, check out Solar Innovations - the quality of their doors was equivalent to these.

I am actually dodocha is a troll since it just joined and dug up this old thread and this is the only post.

i also found this article on Google

Here is a link that might be useful: bifold comparison

Bookmark   November 17, 2014 at 12:46PM
More Discussions
Foundation parging for new house construction
We are getting a new house built for October. The builder...
Kenny LY
New here. Please critique my house plan sketch, thanks
Hello. We are a family of 5 hoping to build a house...
angeliquereagan
It's March 2015: How is your build progressing?
Zorro-anyone can start one. :) Link to It's February...
autumn.4
Master Bedroom Floorplan Review
Hello, I am currently working on building a new house...
mary8153
House plan design (suggestions/advice)??
Please refer to the ⬆sketch only. (Please refer to...
cherieab
Sponsored Products
Victorian Urn Door Knocker
Signature Hardware
Bayfield Espresso Shutter Door Corner Wall Cabinet
Overstock.com
Coastal Shower Doors Shower Enclosures Paragon Series 27 in. x 82 in.
Home Depot
Virgo 1-door Wall Cabinet
Overstock.com
Warwick Mortise Entrance Set with Interior Knob
Signature Hardware
Furniture of America Rivetta 5-Shelf Shoe Cabinet with Drawer - YNJ-1432-5
$209.99 | Hayneedle
DreamLine Shower Enclosures Infinity-Z 34 in. x 60 in. x 74.75 in. Standard Fit
Home Depot
Whitehaus Collection Aeri 15.75W x 39.25H in. Vertical Wall Mount Bathroom Stora
Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™