Timed out

lupineloonOctober 4, 2012

I just got a new computer but stayed with the same provider. A friend is getting a message of Mail server for "verizon.net" unreachable for too long

Nobody can tell me why this is happening nor how to correct it. Can you help us? On occasion, her messages get through to me - just often enough to make it all very unpredictable. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mikie_gw

maybe she might try to delete your name from her address book and re-enter it correctly. Perhaps its got a funny foreign letter or somehting by accident.

i can get my verizon if addressed
username@verizon.net
username@gte.net ... which I've had since a long long time ago when dsl was first offered at GTE.net whom became verizon.

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 10:37AM
mikie_gw

maybe she might try to delete your name from her address book and re-enter it correctly. Perhaps its got a funny foreign letter or somehting by accident.

i can get my verizon if addressed
username@verizon.net
username@gte.net ... which I've had since a long long time ago when dsl was first offered at GTE.net whom became verizon.

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 10:38AM
lupineloon

Thanks.......I will ask her to try that. BTW, your response was posted four times. Hope that isn't something else on my computer!!!!

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 11:20AM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

no it really is there 4 times. I keep having it repeat mine a couple of times too but never 4.

Mikie that should make you win some kind of prize LOL

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 1:27PM
kudzu9

mikie-
You need to work on that stuttering problem!

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 2:16PM
mikie_gw

it seemed to have stuck the first press on send or submit.. whatever it says.. ... i waited about a minute, along time after the first click... then clicked send ...paused another few moments .. then send send(2x) quickly .... something like that

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 5:08PM
mikie_gw

i submitted 10 times rapidly .. it only caught 5

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 5:09PM
luis_pr

Hee hee hee! That is what was happening to me when I posted questions about that issue. I am using Firefox now and it is not having that problem. So far. Knock on wood! Oddly, I only notice it on GW and IE. Other sites on IE are fine. So far. So far. So far. So far!!!

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 7:07PM
lupineloon

Well, that's a goofy deal, isn't it? She sent me a message via gmail and it seems to be working fine. Time will tell. Thanks for working on it, y'all.

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 7:23PM
luis_pr

Good morning y'all. The pooches woke me up early and I decided to see what hang up/time out problems happened this early in the day. Tried to go into the Camellia Forum and the page has not loaded. Decided to check emails using Outlook and am sending this using Firefox. Page still loading. Says waiting for http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/camellia/... The area were the page itself goes is still all blank. Oddly, I had just gone to the Hydrangea Forum before that with no problems. And also had gone to two other websites. So I switched to Firefox and left IE waiting for whatever it is waiting. I wonder if they have a server down and they have not noticed. Ha!

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 5:21AM
More Discussions
System Notification To Defrag Drive C
Howdy. Win7/IE8/Desktop/AVG. This morning on boot...
candler
Only free amti-malware? I was told the purchased stuff NG.
I looked for advice a few days back on purchased maintenance/anti-malware...
jerry_nj
Help with color on my images
I take pictures and on my camera they are a good color...
berk
How to uninstall Avast From my laptop
I will be removing Avast from my laptop windows 7 computer...
thirdfrt
XP backup reinstall
Back again, considering doing a XP backup (what's best...
jerry_nj
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™