Sending a Contact List from Yahoo mail

dedtiredOctober 5, 2013

I have a complete list of emails for all my neighbors in my Yahoo Contacts. One of the neighbors would like to have the list. How do I send the list to her without sending an email to all? I have a list of contacts called "Neighbors". How do I send "Neighbors" to just one person? Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
emma

Just curious here. Will the people on your contact list mind if you give out their email address????? I am careful about it giving mine out and I also warn them" I do not want forwards!"

Bookmark   October 5, 2013 at 1:59PM
dedtired

Yes, they are happy to be on the list. It will not go any farther than the immediate neighborhood, unless someone chooses to abuse it. Of course, we can use the BCC option, too.

A recent home burglary on the street has created a need to keep each other informed of neighborhood news and concerns, as well as Block Parties.

Bookmark   October 5, 2013 at 2:35PM
SnidelyWhiplash

Sign into your Yahoo Mail account.

Click on

Contacts
Actions
Export All

Choose the CSV file format.

It will download a file that is easily readable by Excel, for example, or importable into other people's address systems.

Bookmark   October 5, 2013 at 5:41PM
dedtired

Wow! Thanks.I'll try that. I appreciate your help.

Bookmark   October 5, 2013 at 6:35PM
SnidelyWhiplash

I should have also said:

Be sure you know which folder your browser is set to for downloaded files. Change it to another if you would find that easier to work with (I create a "c:\downloads" folder on all my PCs. I point all browsers to that folder, so that I don't need to crawl down too many levels to find files)

The file that will be in whatever folder you download to, that you'll attach to an email, is named:

yahoo_ab.csv

You should maybe first double check that it came out ok by navigating to it using Windows Explorer and then opening it with whatever spreadsheet program you use.

Bookmark   October 5, 2013 at 7:37PM
owbist

You might also make the wise decision to keep a copy of the file. My main computer crashed and all my address book and emails were lost. I had a back up copy but from too long ago so a few are missing needing me to go into search/begging mode to retrieve the lost addresses.

Bookmark   October 5, 2013 at 9:42PM
emma

owbist that is the only thing I lose when I reformat. I figure if they want to hear from me they will write and I will get it then. LOL

Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 11:28AM
SnidelyWhiplash

Owbist, I don't think there's a need to backup emails and addresses that dedtired has on Yahoo. A failure there is most unlikely. (Yeah, I know, it HAS happened randomly).

I've used Yahoo mail for over 15 years (yeah, no typo) and gmail since it started and have never had a problem with either. Smaller providers/ ISPs have historically had regular issues, less so now because most now use software or turnkey services from the big guys.

Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 2:08PM
More Discussions
Changing HOUZZ page appearance
I use Chrome browser and have an extension called Change...
jean_mi_z5
need help again regarding free office program
I asked for help in this area recently and never was...
Lea Grabb
GW/Houzz page rendering on my browser
Weird question about GW/Houzz, over the last six months,...
dbarron
What's with this new Houzz thing?
Been away a couple days, and came back to this, what...
shaddy101
Helping a elderly friend with their computer remotely
She is in her 90's, lives alone and needs help with...
jane__ny
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™