Wolf Combi Steam Oven questions

hbrrbhOctober 12, 2013

Hi -- newbie here -- we are in the midst of planning a major kitchen renovation and are looking at appliances. We're intrigued by a combi steam oven, due in part to the great reviews on this site. At this point, we're focusing on the Wolf which seems to have the largest capacity (the Gag is out of our price range, the Miele doesn't have convection and the Thermador just seemed too small). We plan to get a regular electric/convection wall oven as well. The Wolf combi steam manual says that it needs to be installed on top of another Wolf wall oven -- does anyone here have the Wolf combi steam installed on the same stack as an oven from a different brand? I'm not concerned at the moment with exactly matching the look, I just don't want to do anything unsafe. Any other comments about your experiences with the Wolf combi, pro or con, are also appreciated! Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chichichicago

Hi- I am new to this site too- in the process of the same project as you. Initially I was sold on the wolf steam combo- but have now gravitated to the GE Advantium. Curious if you have looked at that? It is also a fast oven...but I liked the fact it could be used as a regular oven and regular microwave. They have a couple models- I am leaning towards the one that is also a vent for the cooktop.( I live in a condo so space is a a little bit of a premium). Anyway- I haven't bought anything yet- so curious if you looked at the ge and decided against it. I am getting a wolf wall oven.

Bookmark   October 12, 2013 at 5:27PM
hbrrbh

Hi Chichichicago -- we haven't really considered the Advantium because I don't think it has the steam option. We are interested in the combi steam because of the steam, not because of the speed.

Bookmark   October 13, 2013 at 1:17AM
YuliaO

new miele steam oven has a convection feature...

i am torn between miele and wolf, so i'll be reading this topic :)

Bookmark   October 13, 2013 at 12:38PM
janek_2009

I have a Wolf Combi Steam oven installed under a GE Advantium oven. I thought I had carefully read the installation instructions, but I missed the part about the Wolf Combi needing to be installed with another Wolf oven. I have to think that it's wishful thinking on the part of the Wolf folks who want to sell another Wolf oven.

There's a GE warming drawer under the combi oven, and a storage drawer under the warming drawer. It doesn't bother me that the ovens and warming drawer aren't all the same brand.

Bookmark   October 15, 2013 at 10:15PM
hbrrbh

janek_2009 -- that's good to hear. Do you like/ use the steam oven in general?

Bookmark   October 15, 2013 at 10:48PM
mjocean

Hi,

My steam oven is installed under the counter by itself so I can't help regarding installation with other ovens. I do love using the steam oven. We've had it ~4 months now and still learning how to use it. It is fun to experiment and 99.9% of the time we're pleased with the results.
Best of luck!

Bookmark   October 16, 2013 at 9:19AM
More Discussions
What electric oven to get? speed oven, combo-steam, or regular?
If I am going to go with an all gas range, which would...
nismo99
Need help picking out the right appliances
Hi Im trying to decide on a slide in electric double...
Julie Hall
48" Wolf, Thermador or Bluestar...or something else?
Looking into purchasing a 48" range. Wolf: Classic....
wren21
High end appliances thermador vs. dacor
I currently have dacor ovens. I am trying decide brands...
mcaprizs
Bosch benchmark speed oven review?
Just thought I'd ask if anyone has a Bosch benchmark...
crl_
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™