Need help measuring shower

snakedocDecember 3, 2012

My tempered glass shower door exploded recently which left me speaking with the company to get a replacement. Problem is the contact doesn't speak English well and I can't seem to get him the measurements he needs (the model I have is discontinued).

He now says that I need to give him the "3 exterior front dimension". I already told him the base is a 40x40. Can someone help me here?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
millworkman

What type of shower door is it (bipass, hinged, etc)? By three dimensions he is asking for width, height and thickness I would assume and depending on what type of unit it is any hardware preps need to be provided as well as and and all prep work MUST be done before tempering. I would look into having a local glass company price the replacement as well and they should be able to send someone to the house to measure as well (nominal charge if they are not going to install the panel).

Bookmark   December 4, 2012 at 8:36AM
snakedoc

http://www.maax.com/en/utilitypages/productdetail.aspx?productID=(39112B5F-3E79-4A47-B48E-4C0E938C6AEC)

That is the link to the door I will be getting. I am going with them because they are replacing it for free. I just need to make sure I get them the proper specs.

Bookmark   December 4, 2012 at 10:44AM
millworkman

Link does not work.

Bookmark   December 4, 2012 at 11:47AM
More Discussions
HELP! Is this an acylic or fiberglass tub?
Here's a photo of the side. Can anyone identify this...
wmcjhi
Air Tubs: Bain Ultra vs Oceania??
We have researched a number of "air tubs"...
d_dub
design help- white quartz countertops on vanity?
we are building a home & I am struggling with design...
misschris15
Can you offer links to online Tile Retailers?
Just wanted to get a start at looking at tile. Anyone...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Master Bath Remodel...Floorplan help!
Hello all, I am in the planning stages of a master...
fst96se
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™