Ovens...Combo but not...

tuxedord2October 29, 2013

I have an old Kenmore microwave/oven combo - 30 in. As expected the microwave failed years ago and rather than go to the hassle of replacing the ENTIRE unit, we used the microwave part as a bread box and purchased an on the counter MW.

Now I am ready to replace the entire unit. Ideally, I need one regular oven and a microwave that perhaps offers a convection mode. I'd like them to be housed in the same unit but fear the actual combination unit.

What brands do you recommend- that could be stacked into that existing space and would look nice together? But I don't want them to be tied together electronically? Unless things have gotten better?

I don't think I need a standard double oven. Otherwise I would go with that and look for another spot to stow the microwave-- Fact is -- I'm running out of space. Have no island. Have no room for a MW drawer...

Price range... moderate. I'd pay for great quality and performance.

Help please???

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tuxedord2

Have seen pics of cabinets housing stacked but separate units. Am thinking that is the way to try to go for me. Curious as to what brands work well together for this type of design. I need to be wary of space too as I am trying to build into an existing opening-- that houses the old Kenmore 30in combo.

Bookmark   October 29, 2013 at 5:30PM
More Discussions
Bread baking in the Blue Star Range
We are in the process of building a new home and though...
mullde
Hood & Venting for Bluestar Rangetop...Zephyr or Bluestar?
In deciding between the 36" Bluestar cooktop and...
missmeghan702
Wolf is increasing the BTUs on front burners
When I called the Wolf showroom in Atlanta, I was told...
charon70
Bluestar platinum vs Capital Culinarian
We are deciding on kitchen appliances for our upgrade...
malba2366
capital precision mcr304 vs. wolf gr304?
Anyone have thoughts on these two? Also looked at GE...
mweyandt
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™