Removing lever handle from Grohe Geneva Roman Tub Set

turboctoDecember 29, 2013

We have a Grohe Geneva Roman tub set (25 506) and need to remove the lever handle (18 734). As best I can tell from the exploded diagrams shown in the Grohe documentation, there is supposed to be a screw (labelled "J") under the H/C button to hold the handle to the top of the cartridge. However, after unscrewing the button, I don't see any screw---just what appears to be a white annular disc divided into quadrants by grooves at the N, E, S, and W locations around the circumference. Through the center, I can see a brass fitting that I guess is the top of the cartridge. I've tried just lifting the handle, but, though it has a fair bit of play, it doesn't seem to pull off easily (and I didn't want to force it).

Does anyone on the forum know how to remove handles like these from a Grohe faucet or deck-mounted tub filler?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
geoffrey_b

Call Grohe tech support.

Bookmark   December 30, 2013 at 2:22PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
turbocto

I called Grohe tech support. It turns out that they've updated the handles to use a torsion connector instead of a screw (because too many owners were damaging the unit with the screw connection). So the answer is that you simply lift up with a bit of force to remove the handle.

Bookmark   January 1, 2014 at 11:31AM
More Discussions
Conflicting Contractors: how to anchor a shower niche shelf
Dear Bathroom Wizards, We put an 18-inch wide, extra-tall...
hobobrian
Want to share a recent experience
I've never posted on this forum before, but I've been...
laceyvail
HELP! 6 x 24 tiles are bowing
My tile guy was here today to install 6 x 24 porcelain...
cloub
help choosing modern recessed lighting.
Oh my goodness this seems to be the hardest part of...
Edie Nicosia
Anyone have Swanstone shower base?
I was able to dig up the technical/testing specs for...
cataan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™