Shower door??

holcombe3December 13, 2013

Ok, we are putting the last finishing touches on our forever home. We have a nursery bathroom downstairs (I'm currently expecting). We have 2 bathrooms upstairs one for our 2 yr old Daughter and one that is a jack n Jill bath. I already know that I want to put a shower curtain in the nursery bathroom because I will be bathing a child in it and the shower door will be in the way. I'm debating on whether to do a curtain or shower door on the 2 upstairs baths. I've read that they are hard to keep clean. The jack n Jill bathroom will primarily be used as a guest bath until the little boy I am carrying now is old enough to move upstairs. What would you do?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
enduring

Well, my kids were a bit older before they took showers. It was scary for them to have the water running on them in a shower. If it was me, since my kids bathed for years (maybe until 8 or 10?) I would put a curtain rod up. You wouldn't even need a curtain expect in the guest bath. When they are regular showerers, decide which you would prefer. The guest can manage a shower curtain.

Bookmark   December 13, 2013 at 4:03PM
Roberta.Madison

Hi holcombe, I personally hate shower curtains at home because they get moldy so easily. But, little kids do seem a lot safer with them.

I've installed shower doors in our two bathrooms. I don't have any kids, but have little nieces who stay over frequently. They're 8 and 10 now, so they manage the door ok. But, at home, they use a shower curtain because they have a sister who is only turning 4.

Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 8:53AM
lisadlu

I've never had a problem with a moldy shower curtain. I'm curious if the people who have had problems don't open their curtains fully to dry after their showers. I've always left them fully extended for a few hours before sliding them to the side again.

Bookmark   December 17, 2013 at 1:49PM
Karenseb

If they do get moldy on the bottom edge, I've washed them with great success. Certainly easier than always cleaning the shower doors.

Bookmark   December 17, 2013 at 1:54PM
clk4suport

Hi there,
please allow me to send some pattern for your option list.
May be you like it!!!

Thank You,.

Bookmark   December 18, 2013 at 5:49AM
More Discussions
Does anyone know where to sell a brand new vanity
looking to sell locally only and tried craigslist this...
matdrew
Advice on how high to hang mirror?
My BR remodel is in the finishing touches stage, I...
shappy22
Trying to reconfigure master bath to include washer dryer
How does this layout look? how could I make this space...
cinnamon01
Bathtubs for taller people
I am renovating a family bathroom and would like to...
twingle
Shower drain installed off-center in subfloor - how to fix? Urgent...
Well back to the (new & improved?) Gardenweb. I...
AHMIowa_NJ
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™