question for firsthouse_mp

razamatazzyDecember 9, 2012

firsthouse, I remember seeing a partial pick of one of your remodeled bathrooms. It had a tall oval tub. I am looking into a bath remodel where the side of the vanity will butt up against the tub. It could not tell from your photo, is there a tub deck next to your tub, or is it totally freestanding? Does the tub make contact with the side of the vanity?
Also, is that a bamboo vanity? Is that a soaker tub or jetted? Love the modern vibe of that bathroom
TIA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
firstmmo

The tub is a Victoria and Albert tub that is freestanding. Water drops from the ceiling to fill the tub. There is no surround at all. The counter doesn't touch it at all and the vanity is indeed made from bamboo with a Ceaserstone Raven counter. I wish I had a more straight on photo so you could see the space between the vanity and the tub--it's about 10".

Bookmark   January 26, 2013 at 11:29PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
JAM_SF

This is my exact configuration of my master, which I want to remodel as well, and I want to do a freestanding tub too.
I posted a question for you on your first house, but the max number of messages didn't allow for you to respond.
If you have a moment to reply that would be great. I also emailed you to find out if you offer a consult service (paid, of course at whatever your rate is) since you said you were an interior designer. I would love your help on both my kitchen/great room remodel as well as my master.

I wanted to find out where you purchased your Lugano floors from, We have been going to Perfect flooring in RW city and they seem to have good prices. I think floors have gone up in the last year quite a bit, or so they tell me. They quoted 7.89 for Lugano, that was the best I've found.
Lugano boards have varied so much that I moved on to looking at Vernal collection Antique White, which I like, but I'm missing the texture and warmth of the Lugano. My original idea was to get a grayish/brown floor, nothing trendy, just with a slight bit of gray overtone. I just love how your floor photographs.
Thanks so much!!

Bookmark   February 1, 2013 at 12:31PM
More Discussions
Need advice on best mirror/sconce option in small master bath
My husband and I are FINALLY renovating our master...
cbusgirl41
The towel ring and the towel bar
The last bit for my bathroom arrived today, a hand...
Linelle
Contractor messed up shower pan. Fixable?
My contractor who I'm firing tomorrow messed up my...
gwrussp
Help me finish designing bathroom
Need a little help and to ask if you think I'm heading...
fourhappy
Grout experts, Fusion Pro, Kerapoxy, Spectralock, Bostik?
Or Tec Power grout? I'm trying to choose something...
happyallison
Sponsored Products
Fioretto Knife Sharpener by Alessi
$80.00 | Lumens
LED Energy Efficient Black 5" High Outdoor Wall Light
$39.95 | Lamps Plus
Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans Minorca 52 in. Indoor Brushed Nickel Ceiling Fan 26611
Home Depot
Abetta Wide Sublime Super Cushion Trail Saddle - 20500W5BK
$383.49 | Hayneedle
Personalized Brown Server with Iron Base - 12" dia.
$145.00 | FRONTGATE
Spring Keepsake Box - GOLD
$75.00 | Horchow
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™