Have you sat in a Victoria and Albert Marlborough tub?

elizamammaDecember 10, 2013

Hi again,
I'm still obsessing about bathtubs. Has anyone sat in a Victoria and Albert Marlborough tub? It's a free-standing double ended soaker. I sat in a different model (Barcelona) which wasn't my style, but I really liked the Englishcast material. My concern is that the Marlborough isn't deep enough for a good soak, and there isn't one around here.
Has anyone experienced it?
Thank you!
Liz

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carra

I had a Victoria and Albert Richmond tub in my last house and will have one in my new one........ I know you are asking about the Marlborough, but thought I'd chime in!

Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 6:50PM
zagyzebra

Many posters here have commented on Tubz in Northern Cal. It is the largest showroom of bathtubs. I made a special trip (booked an overnight hotel) there, and am so glad I did. I was considering all sorts of bathtubs and was able to sample (and eliminate) a good many of them there. In the end, I decided that what I wanted was that with which I am most familiar: an old-fashioned claw foot. That is what I am getting...from Penhaglion.

Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:06PM
elizamamma

Oh that's good to hear carra, the Richmond is lovely. Zagy, I wish we had something like that out here, I'm near Boston. On the other hand, I think a trip to CA sounds fabulous, especially given the dreaded wintry mix outside my window.

Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 9:05PM
lotteryticket

There is a place in Connecticut that might have a tub. You could give them a call. Granted, it's not sunny California, but if you don't mind driving a couple of hours you might have some luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Middlesex Supply

Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 3:00PM
jackfre

No but we had the "Asia" model in our last house and just installed another in our new re-modeled house. We used the "cradles" on both.

Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 9:11PM
More Discussions
need bathroom drain advice
Need advice. I am putting in a built in shower 3ft...
checkman123
No door to bathroom
We are picking our interior doors out tomorrow. I like...
holcombe3
Bath fan dilemma
Looking for other options for bath fan/heater/light/nightlight....
gramarows
Bathtubs for taller people
I am renovating a family bathroom and would like to...
twingle
Master bath remodel - faucet help
I'm trying to decide between a few faucets for my sinks...
melissapta
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™