Moen shower valve concerns -- poor fit

mabeldingeldine_gwDecember 6, 2012

I was all set to order a Moen 3330 3-way transfer valve for my shower. I am want a valve that will allow a tub spout, handshower and fixed shower and this seemed to fir the ticket. When looking at it this valve on faucetdirect, it got some bad reviews saying the valves were designed in such a way the valve trim did not fit correctly.

I have done some plumbing and feel like replacing a shower valve should be within my capacity, but now I'm getting nervous. This is our only shower so if things don't go well it makes life even more miserable for us.

Does anyone have any experience with this or advice for me? Should I look for a different brand? I'm not married to the trim or brand by any means.

Thanks for any help or advice you can give.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kirkhall

I am SO glad you asked this question! I have been thinking the same thing--would love this setup, seems reasonable, and some reviews are fine. But, then you get these clear negative reviews with the trim not fitting (and with a picture to prove it).

Does anyone know if this is a problem specific to a 2x4 wall instead of a 2x6 wall?

I'd really like this trim and valve combo, and like the OP, have been reluctant to buy it because of these reviews. But, I haven't found anything equivalent that I like.

Bookmark   December 6, 2012 at 7:47PM
kmcg

I know nothing about the Moen, but have you looked at the Hansgrohe Unibox? They are not outrageously priced, and they allow you to control 3 outlets from one device. I think they also have the volume and temp control in the same device - although I won't guaranty that. I got the old Hansgrohe Thermobalance valve because I wanted just one thing controlling everything - wanted to avoid a second control. An online retailer that has a rep for good customer service is qualitybath.com - you might look there for more info.

Bookmark   December 6, 2012 at 10:43PM
kirkhall

Also, I am wondering if we should cross post this to the plumbing forum...

Bookmark   December 7, 2012 at 12:55AM
mabeldingeldine_gw

Kirk, good idea, I will do so.

Bookmark   December 7, 2012 at 9:30AM
More Discussions
Should I be concerned about the lippage on my new tile job?
At first glance my porcelain tile job in my bathroom...
susanelewis
Cast Iron, Soaking, Free Standing Tub?
That is what I think I want, but I'm not finding very...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
design help- white quartz countertops on vanity?
we are building a home & I am struggling with design...
misschris15
air /jacuzzi tub help. need to decide ASAP
http://www.costco.com/Access-Tubs-Venetian-Dual-System-Bathtub.product.100057666.html I...
matdrew
Did anyone buy a Venetian dual system tub from Costco?
I just came across this tub, looks good on paper. It...
abekker
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™