2006 Jenn Air dishwasher and fridge - questions about reusing

rebecca3142October 16, 2013

I am remodeling a whole house. Trying to save a little money by reusing what I can, but I don't want to be "penny wise and pound foolish".

The house came with a 2006 Jenn Air dishwasher and counter depth fridge. I can't find any reviews on these models.

Esthetically they look fine, but are there any other issues I might be missing? Will I regret reusing these appliances?

One thing I found out was that the fridge is slightly smaller than current models, so we are allowing extra space to upgrade later.

Thanks for your input!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weissman

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If the appliances work and you'll be happy with how they look in the new kitchen, then you might as well keep them until they wear out. Many newer appliances end up with lots of problems these days, so even though you have somewhat older appliances, they have lasted and you're probably in good shape.

This post was edited by weissman on Wed, Oct 16, 13 at 17:05

Bookmark   October 16, 2013 at 4:52PM
dodge59

2006 . The fridge, (and maybe the DW), were made by the "Real Jenn-air"~~~~~before they were bought by Maytag and Maytag then bought by Whirlpool.

In 2006, and many times since 2006, Jenn-air has been the highest rated fridge, (reliability wise), by respondents to Consumer Report surveys, (Not CR's take on things).

In fact I bought a Jenn-air SXS 48 built in fridge in 2006.
It has been completely trouble free in the 7 years we have had it now, and it has features that many of the new fridges still don't have, crank up shelves, 3 different temp settings in fridge compartment area, (meat keeper, Chrisper & main fridge compartment).

Soooo, I agree with weissman, "If it ain't~~~~~~

Gary

Bookmark   October 16, 2013 at 5:11PM
foodonastump

Need a third "keep them"? Good forethought on the fridge spacing (I'd leave 36 or a tiny bit more if possible.)

Bookmark   October 16, 2013 at 5:34PM
dadoes

Nothing wrong with keeping "old" appliances if they're functional and meet your needs. My sister/bro-in-law have the original 1989 Whirlpool wall oven, JennAir cooktop, and Quasar microwave that came with their house, and the probably 25-years-old Kenmore refrigerator they already had, and nearly 30-years-old Maytag washer/dryer that came along from their first house.

The Whirlpool dishwasher that was in the house was replaced several years ago by a 1992 KitchenAid that I had stored for a few years.

Bookmark   October 16, 2013 at 6:08PM
rebecca3142

Thank you! I appreciate the feedback.

Bookmark   October 17, 2013 at 4:40PM
More Discussions
Whirlpool Chillerator Repair Question
I posted on this issue in Electrical Wiring, but I...
amyf5
NY - Long Island Kitcken Appliance (Berta/Electrolux/etc...)
Hi All... I've been lucking for the past 6 months while...
nyli2014
gas oven ignitor help
I recently picked up a great amana self clean gas oven,...
billhiggs
Over & Under refrigerator advice/options
I am remodeling my kitchen and planning to use separate...
uscpsycho
Who makes Counter Depth fridge less than 36" wide
Hi, who makes a counter depth fridge that is only say...
Brad Goodyear
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™