My Mouse is Acting UP

love2sewSeptember 1, 2011

I have a wireless mouse by Microsoft that is 1 1/2 yrs old. It has started acting up and the batteries go dead really quick. I put in a new battery and when I am scrolling, it yerks and when I think I am clicking on what I want to see, it ends up either the next or a couple items away.

Has this thing just bit the dust or maybe just dirty? I have never cleaned it, so any tips would be good. I just thought I would check with you good people before I give Staples $25. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mike_kaiser_gw

Unlike the older style ball mice, there isn't much to clean with an optical mouse. You could take a Q-tip and clean around the LED.

It might just be that the mouse is failing...unfortunately.

Bookmark   September 2, 2011 at 7:49AM
grandms

Look under MS Mouse in your All Programs and see if something needs to be adjusted in the settings. My wireless mouse was jumping around too much when I was scrolling. So I set the scroll speed to the slowest setting and now it's okay.

Bookmark   September 2, 2011 at 11:01AM
love2sew

Thanks, that is what mine is doing....the page keeps scrolling while I am trying to read it. I will check the settings.

Bookmark   September 2, 2011 at 1:38PM
kudzu9

Does this happen all the time, even after re-booting the computer?

Bookmark   September 2, 2011 at 2:10PM
mike_kaiser_gw

I recall having a mouse where if you clicked wheel (they also can function as a third button) it would turn on "auto scroll". Move the mouse to the top of the page and it scrolls up, to the bottom of the page scrolls down.

Bookmark   September 2, 2011 at 9:54PM
love2sew

I set my mouse speed to the slowest and restarted my computer. It is working much better so hope it holds out until Santa comes!

Bookmark   September 3, 2011 at 7:24PM
sofaspud

Hope you have luck. I have had issues in the past with corrupted mouse drivers. Usually a reboot would fix it, but on occasion, I had to uninstall the drivers and reinstall them.

Bookmark   September 9, 2011 at 2:25PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I was just at big lots and they had a very nice selection of name brand wireless mice for under $10 both regular size and laptop size. I get a lot of electronics there, great brand names and very low prices.
I picked up 4 of the 55 in 1 multi card readers that read all of the new HC cards also that some of the older ones will not read. I keep them on hand to share with friends that need them. They were $6 each. Also picked up a few 6 in 1 charging cables, these are very handy for charging multiple devices from one usb plug those were $6 each too.
I have a few usb hubs I picked up for that price also.
Their price for any kind of cable beats any I have seen.
I bought 2 bluetooth headsets for our smartphones for $8 each and they work great, uniden brand.

So before you go pay big bucks for a mouse check around!

Bookmark   September 9, 2011 at 6:16PM
More Discussions
What's with this new Houzz thing?
Been away a couple days, and came back to this, what...
shaddy101
Need help turning old computer into HTPC
I have an old computer. c2001. Motherboard is a D865GBF,...
Pooh Bear
Changing HOUZZ page appearance
I use Chrome browser and have an extension called Change...
jean_mi_z5
which tablet
Shopping for a friend's 11yr old GD who wants a 10"...
abreeze
Lenovo's "malware" not just Lenovo's.
It's been found in a dozen or so apps, some pre-installed,...
lazy_gardens
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™