WANTED: The Extra $250.00 was worth it!!!

wizardnmFebruary 22, 2006

Thank you Granjan! ....and I'm worth it! ( that L`Oreal ad has always done a lot for my ego)

The precious package has arrived thanks to my friendly US Mail person. I'm so sorry about the ticket though. But don't worry I really don't feel guilty, it's the entire forum, all these crazy, fun, wonderful, lovable 'foodies' that are to blame. I have the addiction.......

Now onto the package, no camera so I just have to explain....

Janet's theme was, all about her area and about her restaurant. Janet, I'll be there for breakfast, if I ever get close.

The first thing I opened was a wonderful not about the restaurant. Then I opened a package with a HOMEMADE C-A-F-E T-shirt and apron. Can't wait to wear the apron this weekend when we have company coming for dinner.

Then I looked into the box and see all the cute little lemons rolling around. They are unlike any lemons I have ever seen, so I don't know what to call them. But, I can assure you, I am already trying to decide on what to make with them. Their aroma is wonderful.

Syrah.... Oh, how I look forward to really opening this. A bottle of "full bodied, dry" Syrah from Rosenblum Cellars, a local winery..YEAH!

Janet also must have found out I love local cookbooks. She sent "Everybody's San Francisco Cookbook", this will be fun to read as I read cookbooks like novels.

Janet, I'm really, really pleased and love everything!

Thank you sooooo much! And please remember the CF is worth it!

Nancy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shaun

OH Wow! Wonderful!!! Hey Nancy, I also read cookbooks like a novel. Always have.

Bookmark   February 22, 2006 at 2:47PM
lori316

Wow, that IS worth it! Let us know what you do with those lemons!

Bookmark   February 22, 2006 at 4:07PM
chase_gw

Very cool....now tell me more about "her" restaurant. Janet has a restaurant, how did I miss this? I mean I know she has a wealth of knowledge about area restaurants and food but I didn't know she had a restaurant! How cool is that!

Bookmark   February 22, 2006 at 4:22PM
doucanoe

I didn't know Janet had a restaurant, either! Please do tell!
What a haul, Nancy! Janet you pack a mean swap box!

Linda

Bookmark   February 22, 2006 at 4:39PM
stacy3

yeah, me neither - I want to hear about it too - and how neat - because you used to, right Nancy? I want to hear about those lemons, too.

Everything sounds wonderful! nice job Janet.

Stacy

Bookmark   February 22, 2006 at 4:44PM
lowspark

Another great package!!! I too would like to hear more about the restaurant. And I'm intrigued by those lemons!

Bookmark   February 22, 2006 at 5:06PM
sheshebop

An apron! I am addicted to aprons! Love them! I wonder if they are Mayer lemons? Sounds great, Nancy! Nice job, Janet.

Bookmark   February 22, 2006 at 5:11PM
kent4489

Really great swap box! Nancy, I know you'll enjoy it all. Janet, so sorry about the ticket...I had something like that happen rushing to send a surcie (backed through my garage door). Anyway, you put a really nice gift together. I knew you had a restaurant and would like to hear more about it.

Jayne

Bookmark   February 22, 2006 at 5:11PM
annie1992

Sherry, I was wondering the same thing, whether they were Meyer lemons.

OK, I remember Janet saying that she had a restaurant, I just thought she didn't mention it much because of that rule about advertising your business that has gotten a couple of prior posters into trouble. Not that most of us could run right out and go to Janet's restaurant, so that's kind of silly, LOL.

Everything sounds wonderful, what a nice box of goodies.

Annie

Bookmark   February 22, 2006 at 5:16PM
robinkateb

What a wonderful box of goodies. maybe you can wear the apron for Canny Camp and Annie can post a picture. I would also love to hear more about the restaurant. I had no idea. Nancy maybe you could tell us about it to make sure janet does not get into trouble. A ticket is one thing but I don't want to lose any CF members!

-Robin

Bookmark   February 22, 2006 at 5:26PM
granjan

Those are the famous Myer lemons! Every other yard in Berkeley has a Meyer lemon tree because it's not warm enough here to grow any other citrus. (Some people like my neighbor, have regular lemon trees which produce lots of fruit, but the pith on them is 1/2" thick!)

I thought there was a card in there somewhere that explained that this package is all about ME and Berkeley, because Nancy is too prolific a poster! I couldn't focus on HER in a MINI swap because I know too much. LOL! And celadon and taupe, while beautiful colors for a kitchen, are very hard to find in kitchen items. (I tried.)

Actually, Nancy, you only have half your swap! I used the P.O.'s Flat rate boxes because I HATE paying postage costs. (With a family who all live in the Midwest I spend a fortune every year on postage.) So I had too use 2 flat rate boxes, and obviously only one came, although mailed together. You have the group from my cafe and the local produce, and the local winery. The grapes are grown in Napa but it's bottled here, actually they moved to Alameda but their wine is too good not to include... And that cookbook is really just to give you insight into the area and all the ethnic food, markets and restaurants we have. I don't think it's the best cookbook available. The next box, which better come tomorrow, has a few more Berkeley items.

And I'm really glad you DON'T feel guilty.

Bookmark   February 22, 2006 at 5:33PM
compumom

Mmm Meyer lemon trees, lucky people! Nancy, you're going to love them! It sounds like a great package as is, but with more surprises to come, it will be fabulous!
Enjoy it all Nancy! Jan- sorry about the ticket, but you did great!

Bookmark   February 22, 2006 at 7:10PM
wizardnm

OMG....Next Box? This one was very, very nice!

Bookmark   February 22, 2006 at 7:33PM
teresa_nc7

Woo hoo - Box #2! Something more to look forward to, Nancy! MORE is always better!

Great job, Janet!

(whiiiiiinnneee: I want some Meyer lemons, too....)

Bookmark   February 22, 2006 at 8:01PM
traceys

That's a terrific box and there's more to come? The Meyer lemons sound wonderful and you can't go wrong with a bottle of wine.

Nice one Janet. Can't wait to hear about the other box.

Tracey

Bookmark   February 23, 2006 at 12:14PM
blueiris24

Is that the same Homemade Cafe that is referred to as the "best breakfast place in Berkeley?"!? Great box!

Bookmark   February 23, 2006 at 1:39PM
lakeguy35

Well, that's a great box, and there is another one?! Wow! I was clueless to the resaurant, that shouldn't surprise anyone. LOL! A great begining here Janet, can't imagine what's to come. Enjoy it all Nancy!!

David

Bookmark   February 23, 2006 at 11:05PM
jessyf

Isn't granjan the one who send several boxes sequentially last time, keeping us all in suspense? Make notes of that! Two cookbooks - yowzers. Have fun reading, cooking, and sharing. Great box!

Bookmark   February 24, 2006 at 1:05PM
craftyrn

Oh Boy ! stuff to enjoy & marvel over today -and then some more whenever--are you sure Janet that you didn't plan it that way? what fun Nancy --& you get to wait & we get to wonder some more !

Bookmark   February 24, 2006 at 2:42PM
riverrat1

Great Box Janet!

I love the way Janets boxes arrive on different days. Makes for a suspensful swap package!

Enjoy Nancy!

Bookmark   February 25, 2006 at 5:19PM
More Discussions
Food for sore mouths..
I just had a tooth extracted - and I have a very sore...
agmss15
What's For Dinner #338
#337 has reached over 100 posts. Jasdip, I love fried...
ann_t
white dishes that do not scratch or chip
Looking for durable white dishes
pianopiano
Sharing Jacques Pepin
Hi all - rather than tacking this onto the 'Peeves'...
carolb_w_fl
As Seen on Food Fortunes -- Can you measure flour?
Have you seen this show? Shark Tank for the comestibles...
plllog
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™