Ziporion's package arrives-delivered in the snow!
Traveling from cold and snowy Yukon, Canada to the sunny south! How ironic my swap package came this morning while it is snowing to beat the band! Don't you know the mail man pulled up with a package in this nasty weather. I go outside to get it and he first makes me wait because he can't find his pen. It had fallen to the floor. He recovers the pen, drops it, hands it to me to sign. I sign and goes to scan the bar code, well his bar code scanner doesn't work. All the while I'm standing outside, without a coat in rain mixed with snow.
But it was all well worth it!
Catherine - aka Ziporion - researched me well. She knew my favorite color is red.
This is what was included:
A wonderful card with a nice note inside. This is Catherine's first swap and she said she was nervous about it. No need to worry - everything arrived in one piece and you did a wonderful job.
These are the goodies Catherine picked out for me:
1. Some wonderful literature about her area. I look forward to sitting down tonight and learning more about where she lives.
2. A beautiful cookbook of finger foods - bite-size food for cocktail parties. This looks really interesting. DH and I like to entertain. I look forward to curling up on the couch with this tonight and planning our next get together. Or better yet, maybe I'll take this to the tub tonight, like Chase and read while I soak. lol. I'll have to include a glass of wine in that scenario. . . .
3. Some lovely red and green cocktail napkins. These are beautiful. I know I will enjoy using them.
4. A RED Kitchenaid basting brush. This matches my red Kitchenaid mixer. I'll store this in my utensil holder on the counter so it can be seen. And I did not have one of these.
5. Organic coffee beans. This I will really enjoy. I love good coffee and this is going to give me an excuse to go buy a coffee grinder. There will be one in my house before morning. lol. Before the mailman arrived, I was getting ready to head out the door to go to the outlets to buy a new bra. How convenient a kitchen supply store is right besides the Hanes outlet. :)
6. Last, but not least is a big bottle of organic maple syrup. I love maple syrup and will find many uses for this.
It's starting to snow really hard now. I believe a little bit of Yukon weather jumped out of the box. A box from Canada arriving on a snowy day in the south is something I'll always remember.
Catherine - thank you so much for the goodies. These are truly appreciated.