Kitchen Aid Induction Range

DCJerseyOctober 4, 2012

Does anyone know anything about the KitchenAid Architect II KIRS608BSS induction range. I just noticed it on the ajmadison website so I think it is kind of new, it doesnt even seem to be on the kitchenaid website. The specs look almost identical to the Maytag and Whirlpool induction ranges so I am wondering if it is just a rebadge.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jwvideo

I noted this in a post a month or so ago and nobody had any info on it. Back then, as far as I could tell, only AJ Madison carried it. The control panel on the backsplash looks a lot like the ones on the new Samsung induction stoves, NE697 and 695, which were only on offer from Best Buy.

The other Whirlpool-branded induction stoves (Maytag and Whirlpool brands) have the big burners at the back of the stove with touch panels up front between the smaller burners. The KA looks different, more like something in between the Samsung NE695 and NE 697,

Frigidaire seems to have similar looking induction stove which I understood was made for that company by Samsung (Sorry, I can't find the reference or a link). My speculation was that the KA was sourced from the same maker and guessed that it was Samsung because of the similarity of the backsplash control panels.

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 4:59PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginny20

Just a reminder, in case I haven't beaten this to death enough. While I love having induction, my KA induction cooktop has one flaw: it clicks on lower temps. If Samsung made this range, maybe you won't have this issue. Admittedly, when the vent fan is running, I can't hear the clicking, but I don't run it all the time. Caveat emptor!

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 11:59AM
More Discussions
36" Rangetop & Wall Ovens vs. 48" Range
Our current kitchen plans call for a 36" rangetop...
greasetrap
Can you cook a good beef filet in a Miele combi steam oven?
I spent some time at an appliance dealer yesterday...
barbja99
New KitchenAid launch in April 2015
Hi, everyone. Sorry if this has already been discussed....
kiwigem
36" Blue star range- tight on space and can't decide on one electric o
Doing a kitchen renovation and have space for a 36"...
nismo99
Help Me Choose A Wall Oven
I have a Gaggenau 24" inch convection oven over...
heron3
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™