Tile installed, I see problems! Bill V & others please help!
We just had our tile installed last week and I see several problems:
20x20 rectified porcelain tile with 1/16 grout line:
1. Inconsistent color: We chose the grout color haystack which is a med beige color. In some areas the grout is haystack and other areas the grout looks white
2. Inconsistent depth: The grout doesn't come up to the surface level of the tile in some areas creating a gap/crevice for dirt to collect
3. Some grouted areas are already cracked
4. Some caulked areas have a lot of airholes
5. Some grout spaces are larger than 1/16 especially at the master tub deck/backsplash
The GC said the installers will fix problems 1-4 but did not say anything about problem 5. In order to fix the grout, do they have to remove all existing grout and re-do? I have a feeling they will grout over the existing grout. I have the same question about the caulk. As far as problem 5, would they have to remove the existing tile and re-do it in order to fix that?
Your input is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!