Best place to buy replacement ice maker?

marti8aOctober 16, 2012

I found one online at Water Filter Experts, Filters Fast, and Amazon that replaces my model number, and the reviews were good at WFE for the unit; there were no reviews on FF but the FF website says it is a Supco ice maker, and those got not so great reviews on Amazon. The FF & Amazon units were $20 less but the reviews on Amazon said they were rebuilt.

I posted a question on the Q&A at WFE asking if they were new or rebuilt but no answer yet. None of the reviews I read mentioned how well the company dealt with any problems. Thought I'd check here before buying in case there was a recommended place. I don't want a rebuilt unit.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dadoes

You're referring to a replacement ice maker unit for the freezer section of your refrigerator? Find the correct item by part number, search for the best price. I'd do some searches for you but you didn't state either the brand & model number of your refrigerator or the part number of the ice maker.

FiltersFast, WaterFiltersExperts, and Amazon carry such items but are not specifically appliance parts sources.

Supco is an after-market parts manufacturer, not OEM (original equipment manufacturer) ... but may be a viable choice, and in some cases the only choice if the manufacturer has discontinued parts for an older model appliance.

Be aware also that there may be two ice maker version offered -- 1) a kit to add an ice maker to a refrigerator that doesn't already have one (includes a water valve and other parts); and 2) just the ice maker mechanism for replacement on a refrigerator that already has one.

Among many other sources ...
SearsPartsDirect.com
PartsTap.com
AppliancePartsPros.com
RepairClinic.com
ApplianceZone.com
PartsDr.com

Bookmark   October 16, 2012 at 4:03PM
marti8a

When I posted that, I wasn't sure what the part number was. There were a lot of numbers inside the front cover of the old one, and two of the numbers matched ice makers that said they were compatible with Whirlpool. Then we pulled out the freezer and on the back it says to use ice maker kit ECKMF94 or IMKIT94. So I just found the first one at a couple of places too, and one reviewer on Amazon said they bought it at Lowes. That would be great for me, because then I could see it and know it was new.

Bookmark   October 16, 2012 at 5:49PM
dadoes

ECKMF94 and IMKIT94 (substituted now to P/N 8560) are different numbers for the same item, both are the full installation kit ... includes water valve and tubing, fill spout that mounts in the freezer rear wall, ice storage tray, mounting hardware.

Interestingly, a full kit can be cheaper at some sources than just a replacement ice maker module.

Bookmark   October 16, 2012 at 9:01PM
More Discussions
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
Refrigerator Water Valve Leaking
Any idea why the blue cap (see red arrow) on the water...
tslats2
KitchenAid Dishwasher Leaking Water - Defective Pump Clamp Recall
After dinner, we ran the dishwasher (KitchenAid KUDE60FXSS4)...
mn_runner
Help with induction please
I am planning to buy induction when we reno the kitchen....
sherri1058
American Range? Buyer Beware!
It is with big frustration that I am reporting an unacceptable...
foodiefrog
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™