American Standard faucet with Godmorgon/ Braviken

echelon3December 31, 2009

Hi... hoping I can find some answers...

I have an IKEA Godmorgon/ Braviken sink/cabinet ( and would like to use American Standard faucets. The American Standard drain valve's overflow connection cannot be used because the Ikea sink is using a low-profile pipe layout with a separate overflow tube.

Is there a way around this? Could I still use the American Standard drain or I would I need an Ikea-specific one to use with the sink? Would an IKEA strainer work with the American Standard faucet?

Thanks... searched for hours but just couldn't find the answer. Planning on a trip to Ikea soon... just a bit disappointing that I can't use the other faucets.

Also, do scratches come out of the sink? The plumbers were grateful enough to leave some for me.


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

We were going to use the Godmorgen/Braviken combo and had this same dilemma. We decided to use non-Ikea faucets and just not use the drain up/down thingie on the faucets. I was actually looking for some faucets with the least obtrusive up/down lever for that reason.

We decided to go custom in the end, so I can't tell you how it would have been in real life, sorry.

About the scratches, I'd call Ikea and ask them. or have you tried asking these Qs on the forum?? The Braviken sink is pretty new to the US so probably not many people have experience with them.

Good luck- it's a sexy sink! Which color cabinet did you choose?

    Bookmark   December 31, 2009 at 5:01PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Hi, I tried posting a similar q on ikeafans, but that site seems to only respond to kitchen questions :)

I went with the birch color. After some more work, using an american standard drain will negate the whole full drawer concept, and I could not find a suitable IKEA drain.

    Bookmark   January 4, 2010 at 7:59AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I believe all you need is a pop-up drain. That is what is included with the Ikea faucets sold to go with their plumbing. You can usually find these drains easily enough since they're used with lots of non-overflow vessel-type sinks. You just need to be sure the threads are the same as Ikea's Euro plumbing parts, but I think Ikea's customer service folks should be able to give you that info if you call.

    Bookmark   January 4, 2010 at 8:13AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
WWYD - Mosaic tile accents?
Starting to try to figure out some of the decor details...
Shower drain installed off-center in subfloor - how to fix? Urgent...
Well back to the (new & improved?) Gardenweb. I...
Trying to reconfigure master bath to include washer dryer
How does this layout look? how could I make this space...
Tile install question
I've been posting a lot about our upcoming master bath...
Replacement parts for Restoration Hardware Pivot Mirror
Hi All, I have a 24x30 rectangular pivot restoration...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™