Small, very efficient 3-bed cottage?
I live in Canada. My husband and I are searching for a lakefront cottage but there's not a lot we like out there right now. We are considering building if it is within our budget.
I'd like to have a floor plan to take to a pre-fab company with which DH's family is affiliated. The company will take custom floor plans and none of their stock plans are geared to cottages, so I am on the hunt for small, efficient floor plans without a lot of bells and whistles. I'd like to keep the building budget to about $110/sf or less excluding sitework (which I have no idea if that's realistic but I know you guys probably can't say without knowing my area).
* 1 story
* kitchen/dining open to living
* 3 beds
* 2 baths
* living has good views of lake
* bonus if master is separated from other bedrooms (his parents will sometimes stay and like privacy)
* ability to add a screen porch (it gets freakin' buggy in Nova Scotia).
* ability to build on slab or crawl (if too sloped for slab)
The lot we would like to build on is only slightly sloped, faces South, and is a few acres.
This is the best plan I have come up with so far. It's about 30 x 40. Do you know of any other plans I might like to look at? Thanks for your help!
This post was edited by robotropolis on Thu, Sep 5, 13 at 15:05