WANTED: TerriPacNW Nailed It!

mustangs81February 20, 2006

First, my apologies for leaving you hanging. DH was put in the hospital again and I haven't been home much.

Terri sent her notes to me on post cards showing her beautiful area. Hey, can we do a house swap for a week or two? I am in love with your area. Terri's box to me included: One of her homemade candles, it's called Perfect Storm. I keep opening it for a whiff, it's lovely.

A colorful ceramic spoon rest. It's a can of tomato sauce and it says "Italia"; Terri read the sauce thread!

A basting brush; it's a chef with the basting bristles coming out of his chef's hat.

A flexible cutting board with a french wine design

AnnT, if you are counting, one of the items was for my DH so it doesn't count--it is a Butterfingers heart, how sweet literally and figuratively.

Red dish towels-this doesn't count either because they were used to wrap gifts.

Now this may be cheating but it's my signature gift i.e. no one in close proximity to a Trader Joe's can send me anything without including TJ's Truffles, so Terri had not choice.

Thank you for your generosity! I love it all.

Cathy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deanna1949

Cathy, my prayers are with you and your husband. What a rough time for you all.

That sounds like Terri picked some terrific items for you. We'll call her "Terri Terrific"!

What does Perfect Storm smell like? Is it that clean scent after a spring rain? And homemade? Amazing.

Bookmark   February 20, 2006 at 12:17AM
shaun

Cathy, sending get well vibes to your hubs! So sorry to hear he is in the hospital.

Great Swap Package!!

Bookmark   February 20, 2006 at 8:24AM
chase_gw

Cathy Terri's parcel must be just what you needed to pick you up. It's a great parcel.

Hope DH is doing well.

Bookmark   February 20, 2006 at 8:37AM
riverrat1

Cathy, I have not stopped the ongoing prayers for Raymond!

Terri, you did very well!

Bookmark   February 20, 2006 at 9:03AM
robinkateb

Cathy I hope Raymond is doing wonderfully. I am sure his butterfinger heart will help. Great package!! Enjoy.

-Robin

Bookmark   February 20, 2006 at 9:30AM
lori316

Cathy, best wishes that DH is doing well.

That basting brush sounds adorable. And a homemade candle...a special touch. Nice job, Terri!

Bookmark   February 20, 2006 at 9:54AM
RuddMD

Cathy, hope your DH is doing well and will be home soon.

Sounds like the package arrived just when you could use a little pick me up.

The candle sounds wonderful. How thoughtful of Terry to include a home made item. Enjoy!

Bookmark   February 20, 2006 at 10:22AM
momto4kids

Terri did a great job! Lucky you...Cathy! Enjoy!

Bookmark   February 20, 2006 at 10:23AM
doucanoe

Hey, Cathy, hope your husband is doing well.

Must have been a nice distraction to get such a wonderful package from Terri!

Linda

Bookmark   February 20, 2006 at 11:19AM
annie1992

Cathy, I'm sorry to hear that your husband is back in the hospital. I hope he feels better soon.

Terri, what a great package. The butterfinger heart is a sweet (get it?) addition. :-)

Annie

Bookmark   February 20, 2006 at 11:52AM
sheshebop

That sounds lovely, Cathy. How is Raymond? Is everything going ok with him?
Terri, you did a great job.

Bookmark   February 20, 2006 at 12:26PM
alison

Nice package! I always like to hear about the homemade items. And wrapping it all in the towels is a really nice touch.

I love hearing about the packages!

Bookmark   February 20, 2006 at 2:42PM
Gina_W

Nice package Terri. Hope your DH is better soon Cathy.

Bookmark   February 20, 2006 at 6:05PM
mustangs81

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and concern. I should have been more thoughtful and not posted Raymond's situation on the Exchange threads, but I felt bad that I didn't see Terri's swap box sooner.

Cathy

Bookmark   February 20, 2006 at 6:54PM
kent4489

Cathy, No reason for you to feel bad to post about Raymond here. I'm so sorry to hear he's in the hospital again. As always, I'll keep good thoughts going his way.

Sounds like a really great package. Nice gifts, Terri.

Jayne

Bookmark   February 20, 2006 at 8:01PM
ziporion

More good thoughts going your way... hope he's well soon.

What a great package to enjoy, and hopefully will take your mind away from your worries for a bit.

Hope you enjoy.

catherine

Bookmark   February 20, 2006 at 8:17PM
terri_pacnw

Hurray it made it...
I was so worried about it. My Tracking notice still says that it only was accepted at my post office, and I was begining to wonder if it made it's way or not.

I'm so glad you got it!!!

I'm sorry your hubby has been in the hospital. (Oh and there were two BFinger Hearts in there.)

Deanna~Here's the description of Perfect Storm. It's my mom's favorite scent. She goes no where with out it. LOL
Perfect Storm~Looming clouds cast a dark shadow over windblown fields of green. Budding hyacinth, captivating cyclamen and entrancing jasmine come together in the heart of the anticipated storm. Gentle moss lies at the base with petals of newly bloomed violets.

I'm glad you liked everything Cathy.
You can come visit anytime.
This summer we are hosting the Little League District All Stars for Major Softball. Last year we hosted the Jr Softball State Tourney.
Although, I'm sure my hubby wouldn't mind a swap, and him back in a hot Southern Environment.

Enjoy!!!

Bookmark   February 20, 2006 at 9:00PM
traceys

What a great package. I love flexible cutting boards and how can you go wrong with truffles.

Enjoy it Cathy.

Tracey

Bookmark   February 20, 2006 at 9:10PM
wizardnm

Terri, you did a terrific job on your box. I love the write up of the candle scent. I love candles, was once a sales rep for Yankee Candle Co.

Cathy, I'm so sorry to hear Ray's in the hospital, let's hope not for long. Hugs....

Nancy

Bookmark   February 20, 2006 at 10:49PM
dlundin

Sorry to hear about your husband, Cathy, but I hope that great package picked you up a little. Good job, Terri!

Bookmark   February 21, 2006 at 12:14AM
granjan

Lovely sounding package. The butterfinger heart is so sweet, sorry that is appropriate. Hope your DH continues doing well.

Bookmark   February 21, 2006 at 1:40AM
stacy3

what a great package you put together Terri - it sounds fantastic...enjoy Cathy!

Bookmark   February 21, 2006 at 8:07AM
terri_pacnw

Nancy, I make soy candles. It's a fun hobby. I have a few friends that "help pay" for my supplies. LOL

In fact today I'm trying to decide what scents to make for the house, and I need to make a travel tin for my mom, as she's going on the road (she's a traveling software consultant) the first of March and will be living out of a hotel room for weeks on end.

That flexible cutting board is nifty. I need to go back to the store and get one for myself.

Bookmark   February 21, 2006 at 11:42AM
shaun

Terri! I should learn how to make candles, I burn them constantly!

My favorite candle is Yankee Candle, MacIntosh. It's such a clean fresh scent.

My other favorite house scent is Satsuma from The Body Shop, it's an oil that you burn. But word has it, it's been discontinued *gasp*!!! I'm so sad about that.

Bookmark   February 22, 2006 at 7:48AM
ann_t

Nope, I'm not counting Cathy. LOL! I think almost everyone grouped a few items together and counted them as one category, but still kept with the original idea of a mini swap.

What a wonderful gift. And how special to receive one of Terri's homemade candles. Love the name of the scent.

Enjoy.

Ann

Bookmark   February 22, 2006 at 12:18PM
jessyf

If anybody EVER wants anything from Cathy just bribe her with something red, gadgets, or TJs truffles. Smart package, Terri!

Bookmark   February 24, 2006 at 12:51PM
lsr2002

The description of the candle scent sounds wonderful; I love jasmine and hyacinth. Yep, TJ's truffles are sooo good.

You put a lovely package together Terri.

Cathy I just searched and found the updates on Raymond. I'm so glad he's doing well and you can enjoy these treats together.

Lee

Bookmark   March 2, 2006 at 12:01AM
More Discussions
Sharing Jacques Pepin
Hi all - rather than tacking this onto the 'Peeves'...
carolb_w_fl
What's For Dinner #338
#337 has reached over 100 posts. Jasdip, I love fried...
ann_t
Inspire Me PLEASE!
I am currently on a very restrictive “life style...
moosemac
Apologies to St. Patrick
Not even the corned beef was done the traditional way....
dcarch7
Half Ham (bone-in)
Which is best, shank or butt. If the package doesn't...
ryseryse_2004
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™