Fantini Rain Head-- Flow Restrictor?

SethGDecember 14, 2012

Hey we have installed a Fantini rain head in our bathroom, along with a hand spray wand.

It is really nice but I would like to increase the water output-- I am guessing there is a plastic flow restrictor in the rain head. I am posting because while I am somewhat familiar with what is necessary to remove the restrictor from a standard shower head, I am wondering if there is anything weird I should look for in the rain head. (We didn't install it ourselves, a plumber did it for us.)

Also, is it likely there is a flow restrictor in the wand as well?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SethG

So I took apart the Hansgrohe Clubmaster in my master bathroom. It was easy to remove the white flow restrictor and now the Clubmaster rocks.

Inspired, I took the wrench to my Fantini rain head. Once I got it down I looked inside and there is a white plastic piece inside it as well. But this piece is a little more complicated: it has a moving cylinder within a cylinder. Also it is beneath a screwed in piece of metal-- there is a hexagonal opening, I'm guessing I need a special wrench to take it out?

I don't want to mess up the rain head. Anyone have any advice? I could post a photo later, I didn't think to take one when I took the head down.

Bookmark   December 17, 2012 at 2:01PM
More Discussions
HELP! 6 x 24 tiles are bowing
My tile guy was here today to install 6 x 24 porcelain...
cloub
Has anyone seen an interior door handle like this in the States?
Sorry for the link but I couldn't find an image to...
ceezeecz
Do offset sinks make you crazy?
in our new house build, I am thinking of doing an offset...
zorroslw1
Please can you help with bath vanity design issue?
My original bath layout has changed somewhat, due to...
happyallison
Want to share a recent experience
I've never posted on this forum before, but I've been...
laceyvail
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™