Fantini Rain Head-- Flow Restrictor?

SethGDecember 14, 2012

Hey we have installed a Fantini rain head in our bathroom, along with a hand spray wand.

It is really nice but I would like to increase the water output-- I am guessing there is a plastic flow restrictor in the rain head. I am posting because while I am somewhat familiar with what is necessary to remove the restrictor from a standard shower head, I am wondering if there is anything weird I should look for in the rain head. (We didn't install it ourselves, a plumber did it for us.)

Also, is it likely there is a flow restrictor in the wand as well?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SethG

So I took apart the Hansgrohe Clubmaster in my master bathroom. It was easy to remove the white flow restrictor and now the Clubmaster rocks.

Inspired, I took the wrench to my Fantini rain head. Once I got it down I looked inside and there is a white plastic piece inside it as well. But this piece is a little more complicated: it has a moving cylinder within a cylinder. Also it is beneath a screwed in piece of metal-- there is a hexagonal opening, I'm guessing I need a special wrench to take it out?

I don't want to mess up the rain head. Anyone have any advice? I could post a photo later, I didn't think to take one when I took the head down.

Bookmark   December 17, 2012 at 2:01PM
More Discussions
Final Decisions - Lighting and Countertop - "Spa-Like" or "Dreary"?
We have been in the middle of a very long & drawn-out...
AHMIowa_NJ
robe hook in frameless shower glass?
Does anyone have experience with robe hooks in frameless...
nellie08
Toilets, anyone?
Ten years ago we put in the Toto Ultramax after reading...
anniel58
Which Tile Color for DH's "Manly" Bathroom?
The vanity/sink is the only thing we've done so far....
monicakm_gw
TIGHT Space for Mirrors (Between the Light Fixture and Backsplash) :(
We are coming into the home stretch. Although there...
Monrovia Mom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™