Bathroom cabinet depth: what's standard?

dawnpfisterDecember 29, 2011

My cabinet maker is planning to make cabinets 21" deep. I have chosen Brizo Baliza widespread lavatory faucet. The faucet cut sheet calls for 2 1/2" distance away from backsplash. I have chosen Kohler Memoirs sinks. The sink cut sheet shows 2 1/2" from center line of faucet to back "cut-out" edge of sink. Sink cut out depth is 14 1/2" (overall depth is 17 5/16"). I am not sure what the distance from the front of sink cut-out to the front of cabinet and/or countertop should be. I don't know if 21" cabinet depth is large enough. I am leaning towards a tile backsplash, but if I chose to use the same 3 cm quartzite as I am on the countertop, I will have to add this backspash depth into the equation.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
GreenDesigns

Standard depth is 21". But you are right to be concerned. You can't have oversized everything and have it all fit. If you are choosing custom, you can always go deeper on the vanity if that does not impact your required clearances to other bath fixtures or doorway. If you are choosing ready made vanities, choose a smaller facet or a smaller bowl.

Bookmark   December 29, 2011 at 12:08PM
More Discussions
Shower Size OK?
We're in the middle of a renovation of our master suite...
ntrainer
What do you think about tiling the ceiling of the shower?
This dovetails with previous posts where I've discussed...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
What is really new in bathroom renovating?
Although I'm more a retro/classic kind of person, I'm...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
amerec vs mr steam vs thermasol steam shower
Trying to choose a steam shower for a 4 x 5 shower...
panchoandlefty
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™