Any cons to using leathered uba tuba on kids' vanities?

threeapplesDecember 23, 2012

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kirkhall

I put in a black/brown (ie, dark) granite in the bath my girls use. I wouldn't do it again--but that is me. Here is why--
The dark shows everything. It isn't varied enough to help hide anything. (Toothpaste spit that doesn't make it into the sink and isn't washed off etc).

Also, it "eats" a lot of light. Mine is the usual high gloss granite finish. I'd think that if you went with leathered uba tuba, it could eat even more light.

That isn't necessarily bad, but it is something to remember. You know, pair it with white cabinets, instead of coffee-stained, etc.

It is a durable granite though--sealing isn't really needed in the dark granites, and it won't "stain". So, factor that in too.

Bookmark   December 23, 2012 at 5:58PM
KevinMP

Threeapples, I think you know my bathroom, and I'm not a kid nor so I have any, but I used antique brown in a leathered finish, and I love it. I can't imagine it presenting any problems that would arise with whatever else you picked, and at least you can avoid marble etching which would be a problem (even more so for kids).

Bookmark   December 24, 2012 at 8:15AM
gmp3

I have dark leathered on my teen son's vanity. It shows everything, toothpaste, hairs, water spots. It is pretty....but I think I'd opt for lighter if I had to do it again.

Bookmark   December 27, 2012 at 1:29PM
More Discussions
tile layout help master bath
I am planning to use 18 x18 on the floor and same tile...
abick2
Which Tile Color for DH's "Manly" Bathroom?
The vanity/sink is the only thing we've done so far....
monicakm_gw
wall mounted sink with hidden pipes?
Hi all, Would like a small-ish wall mounted sink, but...
randyelipson
Microsilk vs. Air Tub (Jason) OR Bain Ultra
Apologies for the additional thread. I realize there...
divotdiva
108 year old claw foot tub stamped HYS
I've been having a very hard time trying to identify...
flippincrazy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™