does towel bar in front of sink get in the way?

essdanaDecember 31, 2011

Hello All,

I'd love to find this sink on display in a store but no such luck. Does anyone have one and if so, does the towel bar get in the way of washing one's face or leaning into the mirror? Also the depth is 5.5". Is that too shallow, i.e., does water splatter onto the sides of the sink?

Here is a link that might be useful: Porcher Sapho pedestal

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
essdana

Another option is having two towel bars on the sides which is practical as this is a tiny bath off of a basement room that will be used as a bedroom. But I don't know...seems more institutional instead of sophisticated and more streamlined.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sapho sink with towel bars on the sides

Bookmark   December 31, 2011 at 4:46AM
EngineerChic

I don't have that sink so I can't answer about the depth, but I prefer the look of the one with towel bars on the sides as opposed to the middle. The towel bar in the middle looks almost like some kind of grab bar or something. and I don't think I'd want to brush against the hand-drying towel (either lint gets on my clothes, or if I've been working outside then dirt gets on the towel).

Bookmark   December 31, 2011 at 8:28AM
essdana

Good points, Engineer Chic. I think I like the sink with the "grab bar" because the bowl itself is slimmer and the deck is wider. It seems more modern. Sigh...I have to give it some more fautl.

Bookmark   December 31, 2011 at 2:40PM
writersblock

Overstock has a great many vanities with towel bars like that. You might want to read around in the reviews there to see if anyone mentions it being a problem.

Bookmark   December 31, 2011 at 5:37PM
EngineerChic

Is the "grab bar" something you can install or leave off? If it's an optional add-on (something that hooks into hidden holes or clips) then you could consider getting the sink you like & just putting a towel bar on the wall, no?

Bookmark   January 1, 2012 at 12:57AM
More Discussions
Wall Mural (Photo Wallpaper, Photo Tile or Hire Artist?)
We have one wall in bath that's a hand-painted mural....
stevemac00
Kohler Archer Undermount Sink and Vanity Depth
Has anyone used a Kohler Archer undermount sink in...
Jill Wood
Bathroom
Walls are blue with red and royal blue towels white...
bobbyfly1
Help locating a Powder Bath sink, please!
We are in the final days of a year long remodel only...
soonermagicmama
Cast Iron, Soaking, Free Standing Tub?
That is what I think I want, but I'm not finding very...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™