30" Dual Fuel Ranges you have/recommend?

Madeline616October 5, 2012

Looking for a stainless, clean-look, DF range for my parents new home.

Looking at the KA Architect Series II, linked below. My local shop can get it for $1750, but I'm wondering if anyone can suggest an equally good range for $1200-$1500.

Would prefer to not have to have the 6" high back guard/trim piece on the back (not sure what it's called), I like the clean look shown in the picture linked below.

Only other thing that's nice to have is the triple ring super burner.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Madeline :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alwaysfixin

Is there a particular reason you want a dual fuel? Given your budget of $1200-1500, you will get more bang for the buck with an all-gas range. If you think baking will be different in an electric oven, it only might be if you were a professional baker baking more elaborate items. But for the average home baker making cookies, cakes and breads, the all-gas oven is excellent. It is even better for things needing more moisture like breads and meats. Since you want to lower you budget to $1200-1500, I recommend an all-gas range.

It looks like your are already familiar with the AJmadison website (from your other thread). Check out the choices there in your price range. You can find a slide-in range (i.e. without the controls at the back) and with a 15,000 btus "super burner" starting at about $1400

Here is a link that might be useful: Aj Madison

Bookmark   October 6, 2012 at 5:37PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Madeline616

Thanks, alwaysfixin.

I've read so many threads on baking in an AG oven, and never seemed to find a consensus.

I appreciate your input, especially b/c my mom does bake a lot of breads, and I didn't realize the higher moisture level could be beneficial in that situation.

I'm checking out some AG options now.

Bookmark   October 6, 2012 at 7:33PM
More Discussions
How would you spend my $10k budget?
In the planning stage of a complete kitchen reno and...
enzaenza
Dishwasher drawer...who has one?
Do you like it? Any info appreciated.
jtaime2
BlueStar Refrigerators
Anyone taken a look at the new BS refrigerators? If...
Mistman
Annoying
Stopped in the appliance store that our builder likes...
Mini Soda
Bread baking in the Blue Star Range
We are in the process of building a new home and though...
mullde
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™