laticrete vs polyblend

hello8December 4, 2011

I am looking at the type of grout to use on a porcelain bathroom floor, as well as the pebble floor in the shower. I guess it would make sense to use the same material/color throughout the floor. We used Laticrete in the other bathroom floor, which also has pebbles in the shower. Now I am looking at Custom Building Products Polyblend Sanded grout and I've read some old complaints about Polyblend. Besides the difference in installation, is there any difference in long term performance/care between the two? I haven't seen this topic discussed recently on this forum.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bill_vincent

How abobut the fact that if there's a problem that developes, even initially, nevermind over time, that Custom Building products has built itself a reputation for making sure they find any and all reasons why it's not their problem, while Laticrete has built just as strong a reputation for standing behind their products, no matter the cost. It's the biggest reason why I'm such a strong supporter for the use of their products. I've done projects in the past, one, in fact, that cost them dearly, where there was a failure, and they covered every single penny, from demo, to reinstallation, to all materials, including the tile itself. THAT, is a company whose products I want to use.

Bookmark   December 4, 2011 at 9:47AM
hello8

thank you --that is certainly something to consider. I think we'll go with polyblend, which we have already, on the bathroom floor and laticrete for the shower. We want to get the bathroom floor ready soon

Bookmark   December 6, 2011 at 2:13AM
PRO
Avanti Tile & Stone (Stonetech)

My only concern with Polyblend is that the colour tends to vary in certain shades. I use Laticrete whenever possible as I find it more consistant. As to "Customer Service," Laticrete is tops in my book. Henry Rothburg is the owner of the Company and is easily accessible and prompt in his concerns over his Company.....I can give you his Email if you like.

Bookmark   December 7, 2011 at 10:43PM
More Discussions
Xpost: Economical FLAT subway tile?
Hi everyone! If I had my druthers, we'd be ordering...
kiwigem
Size of light in powder room?
We are building right now. My plan for the half bath...
brodyt
New bath w ikea Sektion cabinets (image heavy)
After many long months, we have our bathroom addition...
amemm
Trying to Match.....
I am trying to match a set of Dornbracht Madison lav....
Patricia Kuehne
Anyone seen Hydroban board for sale?
Can't seem to find it anywhere. Can't tell if that's...
cataan
Sponsored Products
Feiss VS9203-LBR Cervantes Liberty Bronze 3 Light Vanity
Littman Bros Lighting
Green & Ivory Stripe Cosma Shag Rug
$69.99 | zulily
Feiss VS8706-ORB Boulevard Oil Rubbed Bronze 6 Light Vanity
Littman Bros Lighting
USA vs. Canada Gallery-Wrapped Canvas
$79.99 | zulily
American War of Independence Chess Pieces - 1776
$73.72 | Hayneedle