HELP! 30" Island Dual Fuel downdraft or ???

MCDANOctober 22, 2013

We are moving to a new home and leaving a complete Thermador 36" dual fuel stove, triple oven unit, dishwasher,and upscale refrig. We are trying to at least duplicate what we had as far as a stove (new would have to be 30") for starters The current stove is a Jenn-Aire slide in with downdraft venting (probably 25 years old). From what I've read, a new Jenn-Aire is not the way to go for numerous reasons and problems. I cannot install an overhead hood that exhausts outside so my choices seem to be eithr a free standing exhaust, another manufacturer of downdraft stoves (there aren't many - Dacor w/modules?) or no exhaust. I could REALLY use your expertise and suggestions. I am willing to spend whatever to make the transition eaiser for my wife. Thanks for your help ...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jwvideo

While downdrafts are far from ideal, you can get separate venting units which are better than the ones built into a stove top. Try searching on terms such as "telescoping + downdraft + vent" and "pop-up vent." If you go out to google or other extrenal search engine (sometimes works better than the internal one here), add "+ gardenweb" to the search string to get the search to focus on discussions here.

Bookmark   October 22, 2013 at 8:42PM
More Discussions
Wolf vs Thermador & Viking, Miele vs Bosch - YMMV
I use this forum often for research often so I thought...
msk6261
Getting the most out of Miele Masterchef?
Probably a dumb question... There are a lot of different...
schicksal
Anyone have a Jenn-Air 48' range?
Hello, I was ready to buy a 48" DCS 5-burner w/griddle...
susan3733
Any Opinions on the JennAir Steam Oven or other steam/conv oven?
I'm looking for opinions on the JennAir Steam and Convection...
seb225
Dishwasher drawer...who has one?
Do you like it? Any info appreciated.
jtaime2
Sponsored Products
Ibiza Outdoor Loveseat Cover
$99.50 | FRONTGATE
Moonrays Outdoor Lighting. Outdoor Polyresin Solar Powered LED Angel with Dove S
$16.00 | Home Depot
Darlee Elisabeth Counter Height Swivel Bar Stool - DL707-7CH/101
$319.99 | Hayneedle
Satco Ditto 11W Dimmable BR30 Reflector LED Bulb - GU24 Base, 120V
LBC Lighting
Wave Nautical LED Round White Outdoor Ceiling or Wall Light
Lamps Plus
Trellis Bath Towel - BRIGHT CORAL (30X56)
$35.00 | Horchow
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™