HELP! 30" Island Dual Fuel downdraft or ???

MCDANOctober 22, 2013

We are moving to a new home and leaving a complete Thermador 36" dual fuel stove, triple oven unit, dishwasher,and upscale refrig. We are trying to at least duplicate what we had as far as a stove (new would have to be 30") for starters The current stove is a Jenn-Aire slide in with downdraft venting (probably 25 years old). From what I've read, a new Jenn-Aire is not the way to go for numerous reasons and problems. I cannot install an overhead hood that exhausts outside so my choices seem to be eithr a free standing exhaust, another manufacturer of downdraft stoves (there aren't many - Dacor w/modules?) or no exhaust. I could REALLY use your expertise and suggestions. I am willing to spend whatever to make the transition eaiser for my wife. Thanks for your help ...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jwvideo

While downdrafts are far from ideal, you can get separate venting units which are better than the ones built into a stove top. Try searching on terms such as "telescoping + downdraft + vent" and "pop-up vent." If you go out to google or other extrenal search engine (sometimes works better than the internal one here), add "+ gardenweb" to the search string to get the search to focus on discussions here.

Bookmark   October 22, 2013 at 8:42PM
More Discussions
gas oven ignitor help
I recently picked up a great amana self clean gas oven,...
billhiggs
Who makes Counter Depth fridge less than 36" wide
Hi, who makes a counter depth fridge that is only say...
Brad Goodyear
DCS Gas range review
DCS gas range review
brett_champagne
Any experience with a Miele or other plumbed-in coffee machine?
Heavily considering a plumbed in cva4066ss Miele coffee...
Vandit
cooktop
Hi, I finally narrowed down to 3 different 30 inch...
wmc123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™