bathroom faucet with pull out spray?

YuliaODecember 26, 2013

Anybody seen it recently? I remember Home Depot used to sell those but not anymore�
I only found one faucet online, and i don't like the design�.

Please help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Babka NorCal 9b

Why would you want one on a bathroom faucet? Really...please tell me.

OTOH, if you need one to wash your hair, I suppose, there is no law against putting a kitchen faucet in a bathroom...

-Babka

Bookmark   December 26, 2013 at 1:55AM
enduring

The ones at HD were American Standard that I saw last year. I considered getting a pull out spray for my first remodel. Kohler makes the "Side Spray" (I think that is the name). I don't know if that would work for you, I almost got it but didn't have the room along with my regular bathroom faucet. The Side Spray is a kitchen spray that is plumbed independently and has it's own off/on, hot/cold. It is angled to land the spray into the sink when it is docked. It is expensive though.

Bookmark   December 26, 2013 at 2:51AM
YuliaO

On my first floor i only have half bathroom⦠So how do i, let's say, fill the bucket if i need to wash the floor? I figured if i have a pull out spray i can use it for those kind of tasksâ¦

I am getting Kohler Karbon faucet for the kitchen and it does not have a pull out, either

Bookmark   December 26, 2013 at 2:43PM
sjhockeyfan325

Well, I admit I don't wash the floors in my house but even if I did, I wouldn't install a separate pull-out for this purpose, I'd just fill the bucket in the kitchen (which must be what most people do, or there'd be more of a market for this device!)

Bookmark   December 26, 2013 at 2:53PM
raehelen

I have a pull-out spray on my MBR faucet, but it's not installed yet. I can hardly wait, I looked high and low for one. Doesn't anyone else hand-wash? I am thinking it will save me having to fill sink up mulitiple times to rinse Zero out, etc. And for bathrooms with kids, a spray would facilitate hair washing...

Anyhow, here's mine, nicest one I saw online was the Green Tea line by American Standard, beyond what I wanted to spend in Brushed NIckel.

Price Pfister "Ideal"

AS Green Tea

Bookmark   December 26, 2013 at 3:43PM
Babka NorCal 9b

I bought a 1 gal bucket (at the Container Store) that fits in our bathroom sink under the faucet. Would that work for you? That is SOME kitchen faucet! I am certain that you could fill any size pot or bucket under that one.

-Babka

Bookmark   December 26, 2013 at 3:44PM
YuliaO

if you fill out the bucket at the sink then you have to bring the full bucket to the floorâ¦

1 gal is not enoughâ¦

raehelen, thank you!

Bookmark   December 26, 2013 at 5:54PM
ineffablespace

You might look under shampoo faucets. Kohler discontinued all theirs...

Bookmark   December 26, 2013 at 7:02PM
msgreatdeals

I'm going to install a kitchen faucet in my laundry room so I can wash my dog there. I thought I could get a rubber hose with spray to attach to existing faucet but unable to find a good one. I remember having one years ago for washing my hair. Before kitchen faucets came with sprayers.

Bookmark   December 28, 2013 at 5:07PM
Babka NorCal 9b

Yulia-O- I guess we don't wash floor the same way. I don't even fill the bucket 1/2 full to wash my floor. After dry Swiffering it to get hair and lint... I do it on my hands and knees. I spray a small area of the floor with a cleaner (Holy Cow or Simple green), wipe it with a rung-out cloth, then rinse the cloth in the 1/2 gal of water, and wipe again. Follow that with a swipe with a dry towel. I repeat that over 2'x2' areas and I'm done in less than 10 minutes. My bathroom is 7'x12'. I do the same in my kitchen with 3/4 gallon water which is 3x that size.

How do you wash YOUR floor? I guess I just don't get using more water than that.

-Babka

Bookmark   December 28, 2013 at 8:50PM
ineffablespace

Barclay makes lavatory faucets with pullout spray

Here is a link that might be useful: Barclay

Bookmark   December 29, 2013 at 12:57PM
pricklypearcactus

I usually partially fill a bucket with some soapy water to wash my bathroom floors. I usually put the bucket in the bath tub and either fill it using the tub spigot or I've added a hand shower that's quite convenient for bucket filling (or spraying down the walls and tub after I've cleaned the tub/shower area). I did intentionally select a high arch faucet to facilitate filling containers and washing things in the sink (hands, laundry, etc). I am able to fit the container for my little green machine soap/water under the high arch faucet. I could fit a small bucket probably.

I have a hand shower attachment that I put on another (unremodeled) bathroom sink that can reach the shower area that I use to bathe my large dog. So I suppose I could see some uses for having the spray on a sink. If the sink was large enough, it would work well for hair washing. (As a teen I used my parents' laundry room sink which had a spray.)

Bookmark   December 30, 2013 at 1:10PM
Anna_in_TX

Kohler Lady Vanity sink WHITE on Craigslist in Houston TX.

Good for washing delicates, babies and toy dogs.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kohler Lady Vanity Houston, TX

This post was edited by Anna_in_TX on Tue, Dec 31, 13 at 17:28

Bookmark   December 31, 2013 at 5:25PM
M_N_A

I asked the same question earlier and green tea especially the widespread model looks great.
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0917484621108.html

HD also has this one less expensive
http://www.homedepot.com/p/American-Standard-Outreach-4-in-2-Handle-Low-Arc-Bathroom-Faucet-in-Polished-Chrome-with-Pull-Out-and-Speed-Connect-Drain-7084F/202070792#

Bookmark   January 2, 2014 at 12:26AM
M_N_A

another one http://www.amazon.com/Pfister-2-Handle-Centerset-Bathroom-Brushed/dp/B0066HFYY8

Bookmark   January 2, 2014 at 12:27AM
talley_sue_nyc

You might look into bar faucets--they often have pullout sprays, and they're scaled smaller than kitchen faucets. But I have no idea how they relate, in size, to a bathroom sink.

Here is a link that might be useful: Or you could use this trick!

Bookmark   January 2, 2014 at 11:23AM
Debbi Branka

I had one in my former house (my son still lives there and uses it). It is PricePfister. Matching faucet in that kitchen, and in my daughter's kitchen. I loved it. I did not wash my hair in the sink, but it was great for cleaning (just like a hand-held in the shower).

Bookmark   January 2, 2014 at 2:49PM
aiallega

I have this pull-out faucet on our laundry sink. It's a little too small but I do use the pull-out a lot. I have it in brushed nickel. So far it has held up well. We've had it for about 3 years.

Here is a link that might be useful: pull-out faucet

Bookmark   January 3, 2014 at 10:14AM
More Discussions
Does anyone know where to sell a brand new vanity
looking to sell locally only and tried craigslist this...
matdrew
Finished Conestoga cabs bathroom
This wasn't our usual full DIY, we paid for the tile...
justterrilynn
Experience with Enduroshield
Anybody have specific experience or feedback on the...
gardnr
WWYD - Mosaic tile accents?
Starting to try to figure out some of the decor details...
numbersjunkie
Need bathroom sink/mirror/sconce advice asap!!
Hello everyone, we are in a total pickle over what...
Jenn Cassie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™