Which Shower/Bath Faucet did you use - are you happy with it?

belaseaNovember 3, 2012

Which shower/bath faucet did you use and are you happy with it? We have a traditional style house. We are considering the following brands

1) Rohl - but we have seen some negative reviews for the kitchen faucets. Anyone have this brand for their shower/faucet?

2) Toto

3) Danze

4) Grohe - we have grohe in the kitchen and works fine, but looks more modern than we wanted for the bathroom.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
belasea

Also, are their other brands that you would suggest? We are looking for something traditional and that will stand the test of time. Thank you so much to gardenweb - I am so thankful for the wonderful people of this forum.

Bookmark   November 3, 2012 at 11:52PM
enduring

Have you looked at Hansgrohe? I am going to install a tub filler with hand held spray. This isn't a shower set up.

I am using the traditional looking one called Axor Montreux:

It will be a few weeks before I get the thing installed, as I am the slowest remodeler this side of the Mississippi.

Bookmark   November 4, 2012 at 9:45AM
belasea

Thank you, enduring. That looks really nice! We looked at hansgrohe, but didn't see this model.

Last night, I stayed up very late doing research and found the website below rating all of the different faucet brands. They rated grohe, hansgrohe and graff about the same.

Now I'm leaning towards graff, but I don't think the parts will be as easy to get as the hansgrohe or grohe brands. I will have to look at the model that you have shared. Thanks so much.

Here is a link that might be useful: Faucet reviews

Bookmark   November 4, 2012 at 12:21PM
enduring

I had read that too and thought it was a great resource. The same Star site also has a great article on bathroom layout specs that was so helpful to me.

Best of luck to you. Keep everyone posted on your selection.

Bookmark   November 4, 2012 at 2:00PM
astridh

Grohe does have traditional-looking styles. I will be using "Geneva" in my new master bath. They also have several others. Go on the Grohe website and look at the category they call "authentic design". I have used Grohe before, and I have been happy with it. I have also used Hansgrohe, and I liked that, too.

Bookmark   November 4, 2012 at 5:17PM
dekeoboe

We have fixtures from the Parma collection by Danze. We are happy with them.

Bookmark   November 4, 2012 at 7:53PM
belasea

Thank you, astridh and dekeoboe!

Bookmark   November 4, 2012 at 8:26PM
williamsem

We were going to try the Kohler Bancroft line, but thats a long story. And also not my fault because EngineerChic had a similar issue with the system. Nothing to do with fixture quality though.

We ended up with a Price Pfister Pasadena set for our bathroom sink, shower and tub hardware. the construction seemed sturdy and it had all the features I was looking for. We've been very happy with it, and the $1k we saved :-)

Bookmark   November 4, 2012 at 9:07PM
belasea

Thank you everyone. After reading everything and doing research, we ordered the Graff, Canterbury line for our shower. Our local plumbing store has excellent prices and service, and confirmed that they were a great line. They also had the rough in already in stock. I would highly recommend Excel Plumbing if you're in the San Francisco area.

Thank you GW!

Bookmark   November 5, 2012 at 11:55PM
belasea

Oops, darn iPad with triple posts!

Bookmark   November 5, 2012 at 11:57PM
enduring

Happy you got this decision made and that you have a local supply to do business with.

Bookmark   November 6, 2012 at 7:39AM
More Discussions
Bathtub width - Kohler Archer?
I am looking for a bathtub that has a deeper soak (my...
lineterry
Small bathroom from scratch - layout help needed
http://www.homestyler.com/designprofile/b86dc96a-7c58-42f3-8ba3-408b7c9610f2...
peace_rose
Very Cool - New Porcelanosa Luxury Vinyl Tiles
I would love this for my walls too! And the website...
numbersjunkie
Bertch 60" single bowl vanity for hall bath
I would appreciate some advice and insight on my dilemma....
Sofia Akhter
Under bathroom sink pull-out
Having custom bathroom vanity built...double sinks...
janelor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™